Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    you can either swap the outer rail, fab up a basic L-bracket to mate the seat belt to the coupe rail, or drill out the bracket on the sedan rail and move it over.

The easiest option being the drilling?

So the seat belt that I will be using is from the sedan right? The M3 seat belt clip doesnt work?

I should be able to figure it out once I get my eyes on it

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    The M3 seat rails have a hole where you need to bolt in a 'L' shaped bracket and thats where the seat belt bolts in. I have posted a picture from my seat below. Everything else is plug and play. A number of folks here have M3 seats in their sedan.

I found this DIY..... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=912984

should be a help although I believe he removes the entire bracket. This may be necessary if I hope to sale the leather sedan seats correct? Or once I remove the bracket can the sedan seat brackets be fine with the M3 part? Ideally I will sale the sedan leather seats to help the expense of the M3 seats.

I scored some for $700, heated, adjustable bolster and lumbar. Cant wait.
    they are in great condition. Just under 50K miles on them. I plan to recondition with a leatherique kit before install.

Quote Originally Posted by ETAction View Post
    I found this DIY..... http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=912984

should be a help although I believe he removes the entire bracket. This may be necessary if I hope to sale the leather sedan seats correct? Or once I remove the bracket can the sedan seat brackets be fine with the M3 part? Ideally I will sale the sedan leather seats to help the expense of the M3 seats.

I scored some for $700, heated, adjustable bolster and lumbar. Cant wait.
    they are in great condition. Just under 50K miles on them. I plan to recondition with a leatherique kit before install.
    if you're hoping to resell your current sedan seats, then you can't remove or swap any parts from them. they can only be installed in a sedan or Touring (not coupe because they don't have the flip-forward function), so without the bracket for the seat belt, they are a paper weight.

you'll need to fabricate a basic "L" bracket like the one i made for anando's seats (pic on page 1).
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    if you're hoping to resell your current sedan seats, then you can't remove or swap any parts from them. they can only be installed in a sedan or Touring (not coupe because they don't have the flip-forward function), so without the bracket for the seat belt, they are a paper weight.

you'll need to fabricate a basic "L" bracket like the one i made for anando's seats (pic on page 1).
    hes correct, I removed the outer sedan seat rail to install on my M3 seats that are for sale. took like 15 min for both seats. not hard...

the OLD sedan seats i had to sell with out an outer rail to someone for less money. they can easily go to a salvage yard and get an outer rail if they need it or some people are upgrading comfort sedan seats and just use their own sedan outer rail from their old seat.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    hes correct, I removed the outer sedan seat rail to install on my M3 seats that are for sale. took like 15 min for both seats. not hard...

the OLD sedan seats i had to sell with out an outer rail to someone for less money. they can easily go to a salvage yard and get an outer rail if they need it or some people are upgrading comfort sedan seats and just use their own sedan outer rail from their old seat.
    right, this is the scenario that I will hope for when selling my old seats.

right

Does anyone know if the airbag sensors from the old seats have to be transferred? Or will the connections work fine and it wont trip the sensor?

I originally thought the only electric connection will have to be that yellow housing adapter.... Or do I have to take that little black airbag sensor from the old seats and transfer them to the new M3 seats?

Thanks again for everyone'e insight!

Does anyone know if the airbag sensors from the old seats have to be transferred? Or will the connections work fine and it wont trip the sensor?

I originally thought the only electric connection will have to be that yellow housing adapter.... Or do I have to take that little black airbag sensor from the old seats and transfer them to the new M3 seats?

Thanks again for everyone'e insight!
    Its plug and play. Nothing (including airbag sensors) need to be transferred from your old seats.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Its plug and play. Nothing (including airbag sensors) need to be transferred from your old seats.
    That's good news! Thank you, thank you!

That's good news! Thank you, thank you!
    Goodluck! Peter (slater) has done this swap many times on his cars and mine. Post here if you run into any issues and I'm sure he can guide you. When he did this swap on my car, it took literally 20 mins from start to finish.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12