Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Stigissimo's ZHP Touring

Tl;dr: So I've bought a ZHP touring. Turns out it's quite nice. That is all.

The real meat and potatoes: For all intents and purposes, this car is a ZHP. The only things a ZHP has from the factory that this doesn't is OEM Shadowline trim, mtechII sideskirts, anthracite headliner, and the ZHP cluster (which was included with the car but hasn't been coded by me yet - help would be appreciated). This car drives exactly like if not better than my old Imola ZHP. Power deliver is buttery smooth as is the transmission and handling is neutral/predictable. Steering is nice once loaded and has generally good feel. This car also does winter duties wearing style 73's wrapped in Blizzaks from my old ZHP, of which the rears are slightly lacking in tread compared to the fronts (I wonder why ). This thing has already whipped back from Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire through a fairly thick snowstorm in 100% comfort - and when desired - 100% hoonery.

Honestly, not much of a build thread; most of it's already done and all the rest will be maintenance and fixing the little things. Current Plans are to complete the shadowline package with a pro vinyl wrap job; importing OEM pieces is cost prohibitive. I also believe that for the life of the vinyl wrap, it will show equally well and be more durable than painted or actual shadowline trim. This should hopefully be happening this coming Wednesday.

Current Mileage 133k

Current Mods
    Full ZHP swap - 100k miles
    - M54B30 w/ ZHP Cams
    - 6 speed tranny
    - 3.07 Diff
    - ZHP rack
    - ZHP suspension: springs/struts, shocks, control arms
    - 330i brakes all around
    - ZHP exhaust
    - OEM MtechII front/rear bumpers
    OEM Perf grills
    M3 seats
    M3 leather wrapped wheel
    UUC adjustable rear lower control arms
    UUC front/rear sway bars w/hotchkis adjustable endlinks
    UUC DSSR
    Z4m FCABs
    Summer: Apex ARC-8's wrapped in Michelin PSS
    Winter: Style 73s wrapped in Blizzak WS70s

The Boring Stuff (Maintenance)
    With the swap:
    - Cooling system, with exception of radiator
    - All Fluids
    - Pretty new rotors/pads
    - CCV
    - FCABs/Control Arms

Pics Please ignore the partially dried mesh grille in front - the car was just washed and it ultimately dries a uniform grey

I'll probably be posting pics periodically on the instagram machine as well, separated by other non-ZHP shit. IG: n.andre4

MOST RECENT PICS

As she first arrived

Name:  IMG_5582_zpsfw8xwq86.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  165.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5579_zpsizjmspt1.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  211.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5545_zpsc1zzgyfd.jpg
Views: 2819
Size:  225.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5570_zpsw2dd3bsh.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  182.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5584_zpsobgsugdw.jpg
Views: 1292
Size:  141.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5581_zps4nfmffp2.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  172.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5586_zps7tgyxo1a.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  185.2 KB
    Last edited by Stigissimo; 01-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Holy crap, this is awesome! This thread will make slater drool all over his keyboard!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Looks fantastic. Congrats !

Love tourings

What an awesome car!

Stigissimo's ZHP Touring

Nice. DIY on conversion? I think the trim wrap will look great.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Nice. DIY?

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic
    For the vinyl wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
    The real meat and potatoes: For all intents and purposes, this car is a ZHP. The only thing a ZHP has from the factory that this doesn't is OEM Shadowline trim, and the ZHP cluster (which was included with the car but hasn't been coded by me yet - help would be appreciated).
    first off - it is awesome that this car was built. love it.

secondly - what about MTechII side skirts, and the black pillars and headliner? you need those too to complete the conversion. i MAY have a black pillar conversion kit for sale soon. (and i know where to get the headliner fabric.)

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Holy crap, this is awesome! This thread will make slater drool all over his keyboard!
    haha. no drool, but it is awesome nonetheless. it only enhances my excitement to build mine.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    haha. no drool, but it is awesome nonetheless. it only enhances my excitement to build mine.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you complete your project Peter and I agree with others that Stig's ZHP touring is awesome!

Stigissimo's ZHP Touring

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    first off - it is awesome that this car was built. love it.

secondly - what about MTechII side skirts, and the black pillars and headliner? you need those too to complete the conversion. i MAY have a black pillar conversion kit for sale soon. (and i know where to get the headliner fabric.)

Oy! Welcome slater. This and your thread are our safe places for wagon thought diarrhea.

Very good point - it does not have mtechII side skirts or anthracite headliner. They aren't directly in the plans, and I'll tell you why (and of course I'm very easily convinced to change me mind on these mods lol)

Headliner: two sides to this coin. On one side, I actually kind of like the lighter color of the headliner. It really makes the black interior pop while also lightening it up a bit and creating some contrast. I also have brand new A pillars.

On the other side, I loved my anthracite headliner in the ZHP. Just looks straight classy and sporty. Also, my B pillars are peeling slightly and the headliner overall is in kind of crap condition - no sagging at all, but some fairly obvious stains and discolorations here and there.

Long story short, lemme know when you're thinking of moving those items, I may be interested. I would diy reupholster the headliner, but only if there was a surefire way to make it turn out better than last time I tried to re-glue my grannysock-ing A pillars.

Sideskirts: would I love MtechII sideskirts? Hell yeah. But to an untrained eye the difference is minimal, so I'm ok rolling around with the stock ones for the time being until I have some truly spare cash or no more mods of greater importance. I would only blow money in the near future on MtechIIs if some came up for sale at a good price already painted steel gray.

These differences have now been noted in the original post. It was late when I originally made it, gimme a break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Stigissimo; 02-20-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast