Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Updates from any of the beta testers?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Updates from any of the beta testers?
    I’m very happy with mine! Doesn’t leak, No CEL, and it looks pretty awesome under the hood! I have done 2 full track days and about 4K miles without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics installed?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Since we're already here. This is the latest update:

Update 10/02/2017

First production run is still in progress and the completion date needs to be extended due to my underestimation of both the number of interruptions and the total machining time required. I apologize that I never took the time to do all the math to calculate the total machining time of all the components in the kit multiplied by the number of CCV kits in the production run, plus all of the machine set-up times. The new estimated completion date is approx 10/15.

Testing of the "High Vacuum" version is ongoing and I have about 1250 miles accumulated so far. It's still to early to tell but initial data indicates that there is some reduction in oil consumption using a higher crankcase vacuum. I'm going to keep testing on my daily driver and will probably add another couple of beta testers. For those interested, keep in mind that any high vacuum system will need to be run with a catch can rather than a direct return path to the oil sump.
    Catch can mentioned got me disinterested in the high vacuum mod

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Pics installed?
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...daily&p=539833

It looks like they're getting closer, but there is still some more work to do.
    Update 10/22/2017

I will start with my usual apology for missing another projected completion date. I cannot apologize though for the effort put in to try to meet those projections. The past six weeks have been twelve hour days Mon-Fri and ten hour days on Sat and Sun. The main problem has been that even though this is a full production run, it is the first full production run. That means that the machine programs are still being tweaked to maximize efficiency which means that I have to run most of the production myself since I do all of the machine programming.

Currently all but a very few parts have been machined and all but two of the purchased items are now in stock. (COMPLETED ITEMS) (PURCHASED ITEMS) The two missing purchased items have been shipped and are due in by Tue..

What is still left to do?

1. There are still three parts left to machine. Two are very simple and quick items. The third is the vacuum regulator diaphragm support that is an updated item that has not yet been programmed. I am combining what were four separate parts that used to screw together into one part that will make the regulator easier to service.
    2. The website instruction page needs to be updated with more information, a tool list and torque specs. This will not delay the start of shipping because this can be completed during evenings once the kits start shipping.
    3. The laminated CCV service and maintenance instructions which are to be kept in the glove box need to be made. I need to wait until the CCVs are completely finished to take the pictures for the instructions because of the design change to the vacuum regulator diaphragm support. This should be a one day job.
    4. I think I'm going to have the top octagon shaped covers on the vacuum regulators anodized black. We need to either laser etch or engrave quite a bit of instructional information on the covers. Laser etching is much quicker and easier to read than engraving but it only shows up well on darker colors. The covers can be dropped off at the anodizers on Monday and will take 2-4 days depending on their schedule.
    5. The CCV kits need to be assembled. There is actually quite a bit of work involved since the fittings are pressed in with a locking agent and all the internal passages in the vacuum regulators need to be blended and deburred by hand with a porting tool. I would guess about 45 minutes each for prep and assembly. I will do them one at a time in the order that the deposits were placed and then ship them. That way they can start shipping sooner instead of waiting until all of the kits are assembled and then shipping them all at once. This will be a bonus to those that placed their orders early.
    6. I need to contact everyone who placed a deposit and send out the invoices for the balance due.

I won't make another estimated completion date since it seem to be pointless. All I will say is that I will do everything in my power get them finished as soon as posible. I guarantee you that nobody will be disappointed with the quality. It's 1:45am Monday morning as I'm writing this. I will probably think of more to add and update here again on Monday night.
    Mmm...shiny

subscribed

looks promising. would be interested to try it.

Subscribed. I am already replacing my CCV with an OEM system. By the time I need to replace again, hopefully this system is perfected and comes in black.

It's here!! I'm not sure that I want to install this. It's soooooo pretty and shiny.

-Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Love the last one lol
    "Is that a fancy tea pot?" "Why no, it's a CCV."
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Love the last one lol
    "Is that a fancy tea pot?" "Why no, it's a CCV."
    +1 well done

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast