Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    That beer looks great. The part ain't bad either...
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Updated title to "early release".
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I received an e-mail from GAS. The short version is that they are taking pre-orders through September 1 with a $35 deposit.

Dear customer,

You are receiving this email because you signed up to receive release information on the German Auto Solutions CCV System replacement.

I am happy to inform you that feedback from the first group of test customer installations has been very positive and we are now taking pre-orders for the first full production run of the G.A.S. CCV System. The pre-order requires a $35.00 deposit that will be deducted from the final system purchase price of $379.00.

Over the past three years we have collected an email list of interested customers totaling more than 2000 addresses. Based on the size of that list we have no idea of how many people are still seriously interested in purchasing the product. Since the CCV Kits are both costly and time consuming to produce we are trying to avoid significantly over or under producing kits on the first production run. There could be 50 or there could be 500 customers currently interested in purchasing a kit. By taking pre-orders and requiring a small deposit we will learn how many customers are seriously interested in the kit which will allow us to accurately determine the quantity of kits to produce during the first run. Pre-orders will be taken up to Sept. 1, 2017 at which time we will start production. Completed CCV kits will be shipped in the order of the deposits received.

Before you place a pre-order please visit the germanautosolutions.com website and review the "Frequently Asked Questions" page and the "G.A.S. CCV System Installation" page links from the main CCV Product Page to make sure that you understand exactly what the G.A.S. CCV System will and will not do, and that you are comfortable with the installation procedure. ( I did not include direct hyperlinks here because they could trigger some spam or malware filters.)

At German Auto Solutions we have always been focused on building long term loyal customers by designing and manufacturing high quality cost effective products that do exactly what we advertise them to do. Since I have seen a lot misinformation regarding a failed BMW CCV's role in causing excessive oil consumption, I feel compelled to state again what has already been noted in the CCV Frequently Asked Questions section of the website:

"The G.A.S. CCV will remove more oil from the engines blowby gasses than even a brand new BMW CCV unit. To the extent that your oil consumption is caused by a failed stock CCV, the G.A.S. CCV will eliminate that consumption. The G.A.S. CCV is not a cure for worn valve seals and piston rings. The amount of oil consumption reduction will be vehicle dependant. "

The G.A.S. CCV System will solve all currently know failure modes of the BMW CCV but is NOT guaranteed to eliminate your oil consumption.

Thanks,

Gary Geukes

German Auto Solutions LLC

It's Good to Have GAS!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Will the G.A.S. CCV system be available in a black anodized finish like what's shown in the CAD models?

That was the original intent but there ended up being a couple problems with that idea. First, all the pockets and passages in the oil separator and vacuum regulator cause air pockets which would prevent those two parts from being able to be run through a commercial anodizing line. Second, is the cost. The number of parts in the system would probably add another $50.00 to the cost of the CCV kit. There is a possible future option if there is enough customer interest. We could anodize the two problematic parts in house where we can minimize the problem of air pockets and send the other parts out to a commercial anodizer since we can't handle the total volume of all the parts in house. The black anodized finish could then be offered as an option for those willing to pay for it.
    And an interesting bit about a possible "higher vacuum" modification to the kit

Regarding the PCV valve question again, I've read that the high crankcase vacuum created by connecting a PCV valve to my BMW engine will reduce oil consumption. Is this true and how much vacuum will the G.A.S. CCV generate?

Possibly. There seems to be quite a bit of anecdotal evidence out there to suggest it's true. The problem is, as pointed out in the answer to the previous question, the full manifold vacuum provided by a PCV valve will exceed the sealing capabilities of the engines crankshaft seals, resulting in dirty air from underneath the vehicle getting sucked into the engine and probably completely destroying the seals in the long term.

The current version of the G.A.S. CCV generates 40-50% more vacuum than the OEM BMW unit (approx 0.8-1.0 inHg / 0.4-0.5 PSI), but far, far less than the full manifold vacuum provided by a PCV valve (up to 20 inHg - 9.8 PSI). Our testing shows that the seals start to leak somewhere around 10 inHg - 5 PSI of vacuum. Based on this information we will be experimenting with an optional vacuum regulator modification to raise the crankcase vacuum from the current 1.0 inHg - 0.5 PSI to maybe around 5.0 inHg - 2.5 PSI. Hopefully this will provide an even greater reduction in oil consumption without the risk of damaging your engine like a PCV valve system.

Since BMW designed the system around a crankcase vacuum of 0.4-0.7 inHg of vacuum, we will be offering the "High Vacuum" modification as a "Use at your own risk" option.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, so I get mine from the 1st run. The thought of mayo during the winter...

That is pretty cool about the vacuum regulator mod... it shouldn't be difficult to retrofit once Gary determines which diaphragm is required. I am intrigued!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I saw another update last week on the G.A.S. website that said that Gary has begun contacting pre-order folks about moving forward.

https://www.germanautosolutions.com/...te%20_info.php

Anyone here get an e-mail?
    "Scarlett" driven by Wisco (His)
    2005 BMW 330i Imola Red/Black Leather ZHP | 6MT
    MFactory 3.46 Helical LSD | Bilstein PSS | UUC Corsa TSE3

"The Girl with No Name" driven by Mrs. Wisco (Hers)
    2006 BMW 330Ci Imola Red/Sand Beige Leather ZHP | 6MT
    Box Stock

2007 e90 Black/Terra Leather SOLD
    2016 Honda Pilot (The family SUV)

I haven't received one. It also looks like he's testing the higher vacuum mod. I'm very curious about the results.

Update 08/22/2017

We are currently in the process of taking pre-order deposits for the first production run beginning 09/01/2017. I will be attempting to contact everyone who makes a pre-order deposit before the start of production in order to verify the fitment of the vehicle that they are ordering the CCV kit for and to make sure that there are no false expectations that could lead to an unsatisfied customer.

I have modified the system in my daily driver to run at 5 inHg of vacuum in order to test whether there is any reduction in oil consumption resulting from increasing the crankcase vacuum. I feel that 5 inHg is the maximum vacuum level that I would feel comfortable running long term. I will need to test for at least 1500 miles in order to see any possible oil consumption reduction. If there is no meaningful reduction then there is no reason to pursue a "High Vacuum" version of the kit. I will post again here once I have any results.

I got an email.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Another update - I guess today is the deadline for the 1st run.

Update 09/02/2017

We are ready to start production on Tuesday after the Labor Day weekend. We will continue to offer the pre-order deposits over the holiday weekend but Monday at midnight will be the deadline to get a guaranteed kit from the first production run. I am estimating the production of the of the kits will take approximately three weeks.

Testing of the "High Vacuum" version is ongoing and I have about 400 miles accumulated so far. I will need to test for at least 1500 miles in order to see any possible oil consumption reduction. I will post again here once I have any results.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast