Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    i am subbed to this. i need this part badly. i have a CCV issue causing consumption of oil. already replaced the entire system with OEM parts and recently replaced the dipstick tube with the updated cold weather part. engine is at 170k and i'm currently in the 8mbar range of vacuum pressure whereas OE spec is 16mbar. i believe my compression is fine. i have completely overhauled the Vanos, VCG and OFHG areas. also have done plugs. switched to 15w50 oil at my shop's recommendation but am still having consumption. i also do not have any leaks. so all signs point to the CCV system.

eagerly awaiting the next round of purchase orders!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

At that mileage, I'd still do a compression test just to rule that out.... If you do a compression test, make sure you don't use a cheap compression tester like Harbor Freight. They are severely inaccurate...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Any updates by people who have this installed?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Any updates by people who have this installed?
    i've had it installed and using it for about 6 weeks now. to be honest, i've been so busy that i haven't even looked under the oil cap to check for mayo! but when i do my next oil change (in about 6K KMs), i will take some pics and note the condition of things - residue, etc.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

@webster

I'd bet your oil consumption can be traced to clogged oil control rings. My ZHP ate oil like crazy. I did a CCV delete and catch can. My crankcase vacuum was insane and it still burned oil (1qt every 800miles). If I used lubro moly engine flush prior to an oil change, I'd get 2000 miles before it would use a qt, but would then clog again and I had to repeat the cycle.

Another tip is switch to Shell Rotella T6 5w40 oil. Not only is it impressive in all areas, since it is made for diesels it has more detergents in it and will help clean the oil control rings. E46 fanatics has several guys who did black stone analysis with Rotella and it was good stuff. I use it in my current 330 and it slowed consumption on this engine as well.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i've had it installed and using it for about 6 weeks now. to be honest, i've been so busy that i haven't even looked under the oil cap to check for mayo! but when i do my next oil change (in about 6K KMs), i will take some pics and note the condition of things - residue, etc.
    Thanks for the "update" of sorts. I look forward to your impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    @webster

I'd bet your oil consumption can be traced to clogged oil control rings. My ZHP ate oil like crazy. I did a CCV delete and catch can. My crankcase vacuum was insane and it still burned oil (1qt every 800miles). If I used lubro moly engine flush prior to an oil change, I'd get 2000 miles before it would use a qt, but would then clog again and I had to repeat the cycle.

Another tip is switch to Shell Rotella T6 5w40 oil. Not only is it impressive in all areas, since it is made for diesels it has more detergents in it and will help clean the oil control rings. E46 fanatics has several guys who did black stone analysis with Rotella and it was good stuff. I use it in my current 330 and it slowed consumption on this engine as well.

Good luck!
    I didn't realize it had more detergents in it. I might consider that for a cycle just for funsies.

Yea, my current 330 (02 With 208k miles) used to burn a qt every 1200 miles on normal oil, now it only burns a qt every 2500 miles on Shell Rotella. Plus, the Shell has amazing cold start protection and really strong shear resistance. Great for double VANOS motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    @webster

Good luck!
    Dude... T6 is like the Car God's oil. Went from a quart every 600-800 miles to a quart every 1600-1700 miles. It's crazy!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Was wondering how that's been going. Guess I'll be switching to Lord Brotella after I use up this Castrol. Though my CCV replacement should be coming in soon and I'm curious if it would have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Dude... T6 is like the Car God's oil. Went from a quart every 600-800 miles to a quart every 1600-1700 miles. It's crazy!
    It's the detergent packs they use, cleans the oil control ring. Add a can of lubro moly engine flush and let the car idle for 15 min before your next oil change, prepare to be amazed.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast