Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How to enable triple blink on a 4.5 LCM using NCS Expert?

Terra was gracious enough to flash a 3.6 LCM with 4.5 SW and code in the following items before sending it to me:

1. Halogen high-beams with bi-xenon (PWM_WERT2_FL_BIXENON = wert_01)
    2. Fog lights allowed with high-beam (FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ = nicht_aktiv)
    3. Front DRL delete (GED_FL_ALS_DRL = nich_aktiv)
    4. Front parking lights disabled when low-beam is on (SIDEMARKER_US = nicht_aktiv)
    5. Tail-light DRL (FL_DRL_MIT_RL = aktiv)
    5. Triple blink - but with 5 blinks

I swapped in the newly coded LCM and everything was working great (including 5 blinks) except for rear DRLs. I did some searching around and found out (here) that for it to work, either 'GED_FL_ALS_DRL' or 'PO_ALS_DRL' should also be set to 'aktiv'.

So yesterday I went out and set PO_ALS_DRL to 'aktiv' using NCS Expert and I was successfully able to enable taillight DRL.

However, this morning I found out that my triple blink functionality is gone. I went back to the backup of the FSW_PSW.TRC file of the LCM module from yesterday to check the state of the CYCL_TI_BLK keyword. Strange enough, I don't even see this keyword in the backed up TRC file. Apart from setting 'PO_ALS_DRL' to 'aktiv', I did not make any other changes to my LCM yesterday.

Question: How do I get my triple blink back (with 5 blinks) using NCS Expert? Hoping one of the coding guys can set me right. Thanks!!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

There is a thread somewhere on how to set triple blink. Don't have time to search for it at the moment.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    There is a thread somewhere on how to set triple blink. Don't have time to search for it at the moment.
    Just send either terra or BP a PM. They both know how to do this

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Just send either terra or BP a PM. They both know how to do this
    Thanks folks.

After work, I plugged in NCS Expert again and ran a 'CODIERDATEN_LESEN' on the LCM and opened up the resulting TRC file. Lo and behold, the CYCL_TI_BLK keyword was present, set to 'EINMAL'. I set it to DREIMAL and ran a SG_CODIEREN and had my triple blink back with 3 blinks.

Apparently, you need to use NCS Dummy to set it to more than 3 blinks and for whatever reason NCS Dummy would not load on my Windows 8.1 machine. Go figure. I also coded impulse hazards (BLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK = wert_04) while I was at it.

My hunch is that since Terra had originally coded my triple blink to 5 blinks using NCS Dummy, when I initially did a read of the LCM module yesterday, NCS Expert did not recognize the 5 blinks and defaulted back to 1 blink (EINMAL).

Now I need to figure out how to get NCS Dummy to work on my Windows 8.1 coding machine so I can get back my 5 blinks.
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

dude, this is awesome. i need to dig into NCSDummy - so much i could be doing with it.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Here is the method for 5 blinks using NCS Dummy from Terra. I named mine funfmal.

Basically, open up the LSZ.C36 (if 4.0) or LSZ.C37 (4.5) file with NCS Dummy without loading any FSW_PSW files, go down to cycle_ti_blk, right click it, and click "add parameter". Name it whatever you want, and under data put the number of blinks you want (maximum is 7). Then click on module -> update module.

You should be able to use that new parameter when coding the LSZ now.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...943#post518943

^ Thanks ^

NCS Dummy wont launch on my Windows 8 machine for whatever reason. If I can figure that out, I will give this method a shot.
    anandoc

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    ^ Thanks ^

NCS Dummy wont launch on my Windows 8 machine for whatever reason. If I can figure that out, I will give this method a shot.
    What's the issue?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    What's the issue?
    I'll post detailed screenshots and troubleshooting steps already tried this evening. NCS Expert on the other hand works just fine.
    anandoc

On Windows 8 (Build 9600), I get the following when I double click on NCSDummy.exe

If I click 'skip' nothing happens and NCSDummy does not launch. If I click "Download and install this feature", I get the following screen:

It stays like this for a while and eventually errors out with the following:

I know my internet connection on the laptop is solid and its sitting right next to the router, so "unable to connect to the internet" seems like a BS error message.

Tried using 'compatibility mode - Windows XP' and its still the same. Windows 8 comes with a later version of .NET Framework, why does it need the older 3.5 version?
    anandoc

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast