Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    On Windows 8 (Build 9600), I get the following when I double click on NCSDummy.exe

If I click 'skip' nothing happens and NCSDummy does not launch. If I click "Download and install this feature", I get the following screen:

It stays like this for a while and eventually errors out with the following:

I know my internet connection on the laptop is solid and its sitting right next to the router, so "unable to connect to the internet" seems like a BS error message.

Tried using 'compatibility mode - Windows XP' and its still the same. Windows 8 comes with a later version of .NET Framework, why does it need the older 3.5 version?

Sigh.
    It looks like it's a similar same issue that plagues Server 2012; it can't seem to install .NET 3.5 as a feature when joined to a domain. I always have to forcefeed our servers the install by attaching the install media and running a PowerShell script to install the feature. Yours isn't exactly the same problem, but the solution should be the same:

If you have it, insert your Windows 8 media into the disc drive (or USB if you have it on that). Then, open up PowerShell as Administrator and use the following commands to install the feature:

Install-WindowsFeature NET-Framework-Core -Source D:\sources\sxs
    (copy and paste to get the spacing right, it's hard to see because of the font)

Change D: to the drive letter where the install mediaresides.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

NCS Dummy does require Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 so try downloading directly from Microsoft here. That's what I did and it did take a while but went through but both of my downloads were on XP OS. Try from this link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=21

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    NCS Dummy does require Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 so try downloading directly from Microsoft here. That's what I did and it did take a while but went through but both of my downloads were on XP OS. Try from this link.

Beat me to it.

NCSDummy needs to be used to create the extra lines. LCM will accept up to 7. You just make up parameters and edit the DATEN files for the .C37 module. Then code in. I added the names in german

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 1.32.04 PM.png
Views: 1536
Size:  15.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Sigh.
    It looks like it's a similar same issue that plagues Server 2012; it can't seem to install .NET 3.5 as a feature when joined to a domain. I always have to forcefeed our servers the install by attaching the install media and running a PowerShell script to install the feature. Yours isn't exactly the same problem, but the solution should be the same:

If you have it, insert your Windows 8 media into the disc drive (or USB if you have it on that). Then, open up PowerShell as Administrator and use the following commands to install the feature:

Install-WindowsFeature NET-Framework-Core -Source D:\sources\sxs
    (copy and paste to get the spacing right, it's hard to see because of the font)

Change D: to the drive letter where the install mediaresides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Beat me to it.
    NCSDummy needs to be used to create the extra lines. LCM will accept up to 7. You just make up parameters and edit the DATEN files for the .C37 module. Then code in. I added the names in german
    Thank you very much, gentlemen!!

I took BP's route but instead of using PowerShell, I used good old command prompt with the following command:

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
    So that resolved the .NET Framework not installing on Windows 8 and now NCSDummy launches without any issues.

Since I have never used NCSDummy before, I need to familiarize myself with how it works and how to go about using it. Found a decent link here:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-of-NCS-Expert

My understanding is that NCSDummy makes edits to the respective daten files (LCZ.C37 in this case) and from there I can use that parameter name within the FSW_PSW.MAN file to code directly through NCS Expert? Or am I completely wrong here?

Hopefully once I have figure this out, I can document the steps clearly in this thread so that others looking to code triple blink (with more than 3 blinks) on their 4.0 or 4.5 SW LCM can do so on their own. Thanks guys for all the help!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Thank you very much, gentlemen!!

I took BP's route but instead of using PowerShell, I used good old command prompt with the following command:

So that resolved the .NET Framework not installing on Windows 8 and now NCSDummy launches without any issues.

Since I have never used NCSDummy before, I need to familiarize myself with how it works and how to go about using it. Found a decent link here:

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-of-NCS-Expert

My understanding is that NCSDummy makes edits to the respective daten files (LCZ.C37 in this case) and from there I can use that parameter name within the FSW_PSW.MAN file to code directly through NCS Expert? Or am I completely wrong here?

Hopefully once I have figure this out, I can document the steps clearly in this thread so that others looking to code triple blink (with more than 3 blinks) on their 4.0 or 4.5 SW LCM can do so on their own. Thanks guys for all the help!
    Connect your cable and launch NCS Expert.
    Load profile expert
    Press F1
    Press F3 you should see your cars information
    Press Back
    Process ECU you shold see a list of modules in your car
    Choose ALSV
    Select change job
    Select coderin lesen or read your ALSV module.
    Select execute job. (MAKE SURE IT SAYS CODERIN LESEN)
    This will place all the LSM info in a FSW_PSW.trc file within your NCS EXPER/Work directory.
    Close your NCS Expert

Launch NCS Dummy
    Select your E46 on top line
    Select LSZ.37 on the middle line
    Select Browse on the 3rd line and choose the directory above for the stored LSZ.C37 file you created with NCS Expert and select the FSW_PSW.trc file
    This should be all your settings in your LSM.
    Scroll down to CYCL_TI_BLK and you should see 2 choices einmal, driemal
    Select driemal
    Then at the bottom select export FSW_PSW then choose export FSW_PSW.MAN
    The changes are now ready to be sent to you LSM.

Reopen your NCS EXPERT
    Load profile expert
    Press F1
    Press F3 you should see your cars information
    Press Back
    Process ECU you should see a list of modules in your car
    Choose ALSV
    Make sure it says SG coderin
    Select execute job.

You now have one touch 3 blinks

Message me if you want to go through it over the phone in realtime or we can do it together with TeamViewer

If you want more than 3 blinks, you have to create a new parameter in CYCL_TI_BLK

TerraPhantm gets all the credit here for these instructions:

Basically, open up the LSZ.C36 (if 4.0) or LSZ.C37 (4.5) file with NCS Dummy without loading any FSW_PSW files, go down to cycle_ti_blk, right click it, and click "add parameter". Name it whatever you want, and under data put the number of blinks you want (maximum is 7). Then click on module -> update module.

You should be able to use that new parameter when coding the LSZ now.

You know, I already wrote up a document on how to add the parameters within NCS Dummy, with screenshots... and can't find it anywhere.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

My m track mode diy has the NCS dummy portion that can relate to the custom parameters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks BP, Derek and Overboost once again.

I understand the basics of how NCS Expert works: Read the module -> copy the TRC file into a MAN file -> Look up the keyword and make changes and save -> write back to the module.

However, with the NCS Dummy steps that you (or Terra) provided:

Basically, open up the LSZ.C36 (if 4.0) or LSZ.C37 (4.5) file with NCS Dummy without loading any FSW_PSW files, go down to cycle_ti_blk, right click it, and click "add parameter". Name it whatever you want, and under data put the number of blinks you want (maximum is 7). Then click on module -> update module.

You should be able to use that new parameter when coding the LSZ now.
    What I am unable to grasp is whether the NCS Dummy tool just updates the DATEN file on my computer or is it directly writing to the module? So basically if I follow the steps above and load up the LSZ.C37 file in NCS Dummy and add the parameter with the number of blinks (5), and hit "update module" - does that actually code the module? Or do I now have to load up NCS Expert and write to the module?

Does that make sense?
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

So, by modifying the parameter in NCS Dummy, you are making changes to the DATEN files. Once you save the changes, you then go into NCS and code it, which is using the DATEN files that you modified.

BTW, it's always advised to make backups of your DATEN files before modifying them.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So, by modifying the parameter in NCS Dummy, you are making changes to the DATEN files. Once you save the changes, you then go into NCS and code it, which is using the DATEN files that you modified.

BTW, it's always advised to make backups of your DATEN files before modifying them.
    Gotcha! This is kinda what I was hoping it would be.

So if I create a new parameter with NCS Dummy called "funfmal" and set the data to "5" and update the DATEN file, when I go to NCS Expert, do I now set CYCL_TI_BLK to 'funfmal' (as opposed to einmal and dreimal) in order to achieve the 5 blinks?

And yes, I intend to backup the DATEN files, although it seems NCS Dummy backs it up for you. There is no such thing as too many backups
    anandoc

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast