Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So if I create a new parameter with NCS Dummy called "funfmal" and set the data to "5" and update the DATEN file, when I go to NCS Expert, do I now set CYCL_TI_BLK to 'funfmal' (as opposed to einmal and dreimal) in order to achieve the 5 blinks?
    Precisely!

BTW, when you make a change in NCS Dummy to the Daten file, it automatically creates a backup in the Daten files directory. It even warns you as you save the modified Daten file that a backup will be created.

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    Precisely!

BTW, when you make a change in NCS Dummy to the Daten file, it automatically creates a backup in the Daten files directory. It even warns you as you save the modified Daten file that a backup will be created.
    Thank you so much!! I will attempt this over the weekend and report back.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Thank you so much!! I will attempt this over the weekend and report back.
    FWIW, you can name it whatever you want. I wanted my parameters to be named like the default values of one time, 3 times. So I have 4 times, 5 times and 6 times in german.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    FWIW, you can name it whatever you want. I wanted my parameters to be named like the default values of one time, 3 times. So I have 4 times, 5 times and 6 times in german.
    Yup, I too want the naming to be consistent so I will go with funfmal (5 times).
    anandoc

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Looking at all of this from the outside, it seems like a real lot to go through. I wish I could activate this on my 2006, which will probably prove to have a higher software version, but I only have PASoft. The whole NCS Expert/Dummy dance: man... I'm gonna use my left hand.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Looking at all of this from the outside, it seems like a real lot to go through. I wish I could activate this on my 2006, which will probably prove to have a higher software version, but I only have PASoft. The whole NCS Expert/Dummy dance: man... I'm gonna use my left hand.
    It's not a lot of work. After you get going with NCSexpert you can do alot other things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    NCS Expert is just one of those tools every BMW owner should have just as you found with PA Soft. There are many of us here that are willing to lend you a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    NCS Expert is just one of those tools every BMW owner should have just as you found with PA Soft. There are many of us here that are willing to lend you a hand.
    BMW coding tool makes a nice GUI as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW Coding Tool made updating/adding my Daten files for WinKFP a snap. Absolutely a great tool.

Thanks for all your help here guys. I just coded 5 blinks into my car
    anandoc

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast