Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Those sills look great

I too installed the ///M door sills this weekend. Its quite an awesome upgrade over the stock ones, dont you think?

Also curious, where did you buy your yellow fog assemblies from? I am thinking of getting those myself...
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I too installed the ///M door sills this weekend. Its quite an awesome upgrade over the stock ones, dont you think?

Also curious, where did you buy your yellow fog assemblies from? I am thinking of getting those myself...
    If I remember correctly, Jeff's are clear lenses, probably E46 M3 ones, with 3M yellow film over them.

I bought a used set of yellow fog light assemblies from 704sw that I plan to install when I get home. I believe they are these: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ziza-par...290ziz01a~ziz/

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post

Oh nice! I concur, I love them. It's funny because I never really noticed how chrome the stock ones were until I pulled them off.

Curves is correct, they are actually the OEM clear fogs from my '01 sport that I just sold, with yellow 3M film over them. The bumper that came on my current ZHP was pretty trashed, and since the ZHP bumper I had on my '01 Sport was in great shape, I just swapped the entire bumper assembly over to my current ZHP, fog lights & all. But if I was going to get some, I'd get these https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ziza-par...290ziz01a~ziz/ (same ones as William has below)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    If I remember correctly, Jeff's are clear lenses, probably E46 M3 ones, with 3M yellow film over them.

I bought a used set of yellow fog light assemblies from 704sw that I plan to install when I get home. I believe they are these: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ziza-par...290ziz01a~ziz/
    Good memory!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

For Father's Day weekend I decided to shoot up to Seattle to visit my dad, and put him to work! Below is the small list of things we completed

98,700 mi
    Transmission flush w/ Redline MT/90 (2 quarts)
    CDV delete & clutch bled w/ ATE fluid
    Roof spoiler fitted and adhered
    Tire pressure @ 35 lbs F/R
    NB interior dye test
    Chevron 65740 Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner - 20 oz.

First up was the tranny flush. I've had some friction getting into 1st & 2nd recently, so I was hoping this would help. I drained the fluid and got just over a quart of some nasty black stuff out, no chunks of anything, but it definitely needed to be flushed. I pumped in just under 2 quarts of Redline MT/90 fluid and sealed her back up. I didn't get new drain plugs or gaskets, no leaks. I can definitely tell the difference after the fluid flush, shifts are much smoother and quieter.

CDV delete was next...good god this was awful. Everything I've ever read or heard said this was the easiest mod ever, and in essence it should be, but it fought me the whole way. I was COVERED in brake/clutch fluid after this. I didn't pinch any lines because I felt like it would crush them. I got it off easy enough, but it took me forever to get them screwed back together after I removed the CDV, draining out all of the fluid. After which we bled the slave cylinder, which was easy enough but since so much fluid had drained out it took us quite a while before we even got any pedal feel back. Now the pedal feel is completely different, it engaged right off the floor and felt a bit lazy and sloppy, whereas before there was resistance from top to bottom. By the time I got home from Seattle (~185 miles) it actually felt pretty good, and the release point had relaxed as well. I didn't put the little clip back on, because I was having so much trouble getting it back together. Plus it really doesn't do much of anything

I've had the roof spoiler on the car for a while now, but it's never fit perfect, the contour is slightly off that of the window/roof line. So we pulled it off and removed all 3 layers of 3M tape. Then I used a heat gun and tried to bend it over my knee to make it fit perfect, and it actually worked! I went a little too far the first time and kinked it a little bit, but fixed that and now the radius matches the window perfectly. I used some 3M tape in the outer channel, and windshield adhesive in the main center channel. After it was tacky we stuck it in place carefully and taped it down to sit overnight. Now...that thing is on there! And it looks perfect, very happy

I've had a NB interior sitting in my garage for months now so I decided to finally get on the ball. I bought some dye from LeatherWorld so we decided to give it a try on a small section of the rear seat. We tried an airbrush, that looked terrible. So we moved to a standard kitchen sponge and then a rag, but both were a bit swirly. We finally ended up using a very fine detail sponge and blotted it on then hit it with a heat gun, that worked excellent. Very tedious and time consuming, but it had the best results far and away. We did about 3-4 coats, this piece had a pretty nasty watermark & stain on it which covered up way better than expected. Can you tell where the stain was?? Next up is the two fronts, pretty excited for how they'll look!

Checked my tire pressure and they were ~31 lbs all around, which I thought was low. I've got an 18x8.5 squared setup with Conti DWS06, I set the pressure to 35 lbs all around. We'll see how they wear. Also tossed another bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank, the last one I did seemed to help. I went with Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner, it was easy to find and in the top 5 cleaners on all the reviews I looked at. Since this car had been sitting so long before I bought it I feel like the fuel system is still a bit gunked up. I probably should pull the fuel pump and injectors and clean/test them, but that seems like a big job which I don't feel like doing

Last edited by Cadeez; 06-20-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

A couple days late on the post, but the old girl turned 100k miles over the weekend And after weeks of watching the odometer so closely, I just barely missed it!! I pulled into my garage, looked down and was like, F!!!! My gf looked at me like, what the hell is wrong with you?! She doesn't understand that pics of ones ZHP turning 100k are a once in a lifetime event, like a full solar eclipse.

Earlier that day, local member William (BMWcurves) and I finally met up for the first time, which was really cool. We talked about and drove each others cars, then had a nice little photoshoot in a big ass cemetery, pretty standard really. His car is pristine. With ~45k less miles than mine and that M3 interior he's got, it was a pretty nice drive. Here's a few pics I snapped, because pics.

2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Excellent! Nothing like BSing with a fellow member over ZHPs!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

It was great getting to meet Jeff in person.

His car is sitting pretty right now, especially for 100k miles. Driving his car, everything was tight, felt every bit as quick as mine, and certainly looked good (we share similar tastes apparently with yellow fogs, ///M stripe on the grille, same steering wheel, etc.). He's thinking of swapping out his interior for his Natural Brown interior that he's put together, but I had the same reservation he did when I put in my M3 interior: he'd be swapping out a practically flawless interior. It looks practically as good as my stock interior, really impressive.

BTW, met up with that guy that had the accident yesterday to sell him my sister's 330Xi parts. Nice guy, picked up on my car being a ZHP really quick. I had to run so I couldn't talk much but he seems to love the E46 platform.

EDIT: I'm just noticing you are running around without a front plate. Had any issues with that? I got enough tickets driving my father's Miata without a front plate that I just decided to keep mine on when I got it. Contemplating getting a tow hook license plate bracket though...

It was great getting to meet Jeff in person.

His car is sitting pretty right now, especially for 100k miles. Driving his car, everything was tight, felt every bit as quick as mine, and certainly looked good (we share similar tastes apparently with yellow fogs, ///M stripe on the grille, same steering wheel, etc.). He's thinking of swapping out his interior for his Natural Brown interior that he's put together, but I had the same reservation he did when I put in my M3 interior: he'd be swapping out a practically flawless interior. It looks practically as good as my stock interior, really impressive.
    We definitely share the same tastes, including stock ride heights haha. Watch out for when I get a set of concave 18" Arc8's! I forgot to mention your TSE3 exhaust, man that thing sounds good! Made me actually get online just to see what was out there and the costs...I then quickly shut my laptop. Also, I need that UUC SSK, the throw was so short and crisp! Luckily my birthday is coming up...

BTW, met up with that guy that had the accident yesterday to sell him my sister's 330Xi parts. Nice guy, picked up on my car being a ZHP really quick. I had to run so I couldn't talk much but he seems to love the E46 platform.
    No way! Did you mention that we had a degrees of Kevin Bacon thing going on with him?

EDIT: I'm just noticing you are running around without a front plate. Had any issues with that? I got enough tickets driving my father's Miata without a front plate that I just decided to keep mine on when I got it. Contemplating getting a tow hook license plate bracket though...
    I can't stand front plates, and I've never run one. I've run no front plate on all 4 of my BMW's and my last 3 Grand Cherokees. Never had an issue or ticket for it...actually one time I did. I got a parking ticket in NW and along with that was a front plate ticket. But that's pretty ticky tacky, and more of a "while I'm here" kind of citation. Surprised he didn't get me for my tint while he was at it. I honestly think it depends on the car, cops cut breaks for nicer cars. At least that's my opinion.
    2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast