Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New ZHP owner in Berkeley, California

Hi all,

(sorry for posting pics through imgur but they wouldn't upload through the forum interface)
    Link to relevant photos: http://imgur.com/a/RVTBF

I'm the forum member who bought Sreten's TiAg '05 ZHP coupe a few weeks ago (see thread http://bit.ly/2mb8uqX). I've waited until now to introduce myself because I had to keep it back at home until I secured a parking space in Berkeley.

Some background: I'm a senior at UC Berkeley and I will be starting work in Palo Alto this summer. I wanted a fun daily driver for my commute and the ZHP seemed to check all the boxes. So far, the car has been great and all of Sreten's upgrades/repairs have proved to be great additions (especially the M3 seats). I'm really excited to continue getting the car in tip top shape cosmetically as well, re: hood paint fading mentioned in Sreten's original post as well as some other wear and tear.

I have a few items on the list I want to get taken care of once I have some actual cash flow from work but for now I was hoping you all could advise me on some cheaper fixes/additions.

I've been scouring forums to figure out how to set up the bluetooth/determine if the car is wired for bluetooth and I can't seem to find a clearcut answer since there seems to be a lot of nuance with regard to production date, exact car model, and package.

I ran the serial number and found production date was 11/2004, which is apparently important. I've also attached some images via imgur of the badges in the trunk, the stereo interface, and the steering wheel so you can see what I'm dealing with. I've read that I might have to get a kit with BT antenna, mic, etc.

Also, there is some deteriorating rubber seals around the hood, sideview mirrors, etc. and I was hoping for advice on getting that taken care of. Right now I don't have too much income nor a good place to work on the car but once I graduate I am hoping to get a lot more into DIY work on the car.

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by mykilleaf; 03-01-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Welcome to the site.
    Nice to keep the car in the family.
    You very likely have BT but it is flaky. To pair you need the code that is "hidden" in the trunk area above the BT amplifier (left rear wheel, behind carpet).
    Name:  10.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  125.8 KB

In the above picture (if it works), it is under to topmost shiny metal box.

Others will tell you that there are other more expensive alternatives to this old 2004 BT technology, I just don't know them well.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Fixed up. Welcome

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Dane!

So I opened up the back like you suggested Oli and this is what's back there:

Name:  IMG_8493.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  1.40 MBName:  IMG_8500.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  1.62 MB

Looks like there's some wiring but no DVD player (assuming since there's no Nav system) and no bluetooth box. Is there something I can just buy to plug into the cords back there?

Again sorry for the weird photos, it rotated upon upload for some reason.

Welcome local!

You will need a few items. I would use the TCU with this part number 84109195455 as it is the latest one that works with Bluetooth. Keep in mind that Bluetooth Streaming does not work. This is only used for phone calls which IMO is too much trouble for this.

Check this link:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...t-doityourself

Parts you'll need:
    a BMW TCU (84 10 9 129 851) or ULF (13th gen 84 10 9 154 358) (I pulled the TCU from my wife's 2004 X5 with Assist, YMMV)
    TCU bracket – 84 13 6 924 551
    Bluetooth antenna – 84 50 6 928 461
    BT antenna bracket – 84 13 6 912 160
    "body nut" x4 – 61 13 1 372 033
    "hex bolt" x4 – 07 11 9 902 932
    plastic nut x3—6 (I used 3) – 63 25 9 128 043
    hands-free microphone – 84 31 6 938 762

I currently have Anker Soundsync usb connector plugged into my OE AUX install so I can stream music from my iPhone.

Thanks for the info.

So you're saying it would require all those parts to get phone call functionality? Seems like a lot of trouble, although that is the main function I'm missing. I was hoping to really get everything hands free and smooth. Have you found any other solutions or work around for taking calls relatively handsfree like maybe just hitting accept from the phone mount? Right now I can play the output through the speakers via aux cable but it doesn't sound very good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Welcome local!

You will need a few items. I would use the TCU with this part number 84109195455 as it is the latest one that works with Bluetooth. Keep in mind that Bluetooth Streaming does not work. This is only used for phone calls which IMO is too much trouble for this.

Check this link:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...t-doityourself

I currently have Anker Soundsync usb connector plugged into my OE AUX install so I can stream music from my iPhone.
    I have a similar set up, OEM Aux and this receiver:

AUKEY Bluetooth Receiver, Audio Music Adapter with Hands-free Calling for Home Audio System and Mobile Audio Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8FYUJA..._AU6TybC4C4KZC

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Welcome to the (west coast) Family! In for more pics and general info on the car
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Alright thanks! I'll try the Aukey for a bit and just return it if it doesn't work out.

@Cadeez will be happy to post more pics once I get some worth posting haha. Going to head up to Point Reyes this weekend most likely, might get some cool shots there. As for more info, I'll also post it along with pics but most in depth info you're gonna find can be in Sreten's original thread: http://bit.ly/2mb8uqX

Man, I miss this car.

I could've told you that there was nothing in the trunk if I saw earlier. I remember that when I was replacing rear shocks.

I assume you mean windshield cowl cover when you say rubber around the hood, very common on e46. They are around $100 and I would wait until you have to replace the windshield cause you have to remove wiper arms which can be tricky but can be done.

Trim piece for the rear windows are $115 per side. Up to you if you want to spend the money.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51367891912/

Like I told you then, my plan was to try and use rubber seal that I found in Home Depot.
    Respray the rubber in black (has kinda grey-ish color) and I think it would perfectly fill the void.
    Just didn't get around doing it.

This one - http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-Kin...20BR/100555614

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast