Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: 2008 E92 M3, Alpine White, 6spd, Investment Grade

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Woodbury, MN
    Posts
    454
    I love my e9x M3. Honestly a perfect combo with a ZHP in the garage.
    -Chris

    -11.5 Jerez Black M3/4/6 (ZCP, slick top, cloth, manual seats, no nav)
    -07 GT3 Carrera White(Full Leather, Sound Package Plus, Carbon Ceramics)
    -03 Silver Gray/Gray ZHP Sedan 6MT
    -19 Raptor White Crew Cab


    Instagram: CCOHO93

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    5,160
    Sale Pending.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Sale Pending.
    John have you driven this car?

    I have been looking at e90m for some time now, but was curious on your thoughts of the 6mt vs Dct? I know you have dct...I'm leaning towards Mt...as it seems more appealing and I would plan to keep the car long term as an enthusiasts auto to drive and enjoy!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hereford, AZ
    Posts
    1,077
    Investment grade? I don't know about that.

    You want to see Investment Grade? Check THIS out!

    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-bmw-m5-6/

    '08 Z4 M Coupé LM08602
    '19 Golf R

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,720
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Investment grade? I don't know about that.

    You want to see Investment Grade? Check THIS out!

    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-bmw-m5-6/
    This car belonged to the original owner for 22 years before being sold to Carmax.


    *WHO SELLS AN E34 M5 WITH 14K ON IT TO CARMAX??? SERIOUSLY??*
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,836
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

    *WHO SELLS AN E34 M5 WITH 14K ON IT TO CARMAX??? SERIOUSLY??*
    The M5 seller posted this : "The original owner supposedly had his chauffeur drive the car to Carmax to have it evaluated. I’m not kidding. Apparently he is extremely wealthy and didn’t know the true value of this car. A Carmax salesmen then bought the car and sold it to me. I relayed this story to BaT but I now see that it was misunderstood as me buying it directly from Carmax. I will have it corrected."
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    150,000 miles

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hereford, AZ
    Posts
    1,077
    That M5 is incredible. I predicted in the BaT comments that it will be purchased by Eric @ EAG - not to flip it, but for his personal collection. It's THAT special.

    '08 Z4 M Coupé LM08602
    '19 Golf R

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
    John have you driven this car?

    I have been looking at e90m for some time now, but was curious on your thoughts of the 6mt vs Dct? I know you have dct...I'm leaning towards Mt...as it seems more appealing and I would plan to keep the car long term as an enthusiasts auto to drive and enjoy!
    IMO it comes down to personal preference. There are huge advocates for both transmissions on the M3 forums.

    I have an M3 w/ DCT, my cousin has the same car with a 6MT. The manual is obviously more engaging, and really the only choice if you're a 6MT guy through and through. You can certainly drive the DCT quicker IMO. I have the Dinan engine software and DCT tune (so does Joop now!) and it's even better than stock, but even stock it just blasts through the gears. DCT drives a lot like a manual, just doesn't have the 3rd pedal. There is no Park gear, put it in neutral like a manual and pull the e-brake. When you put it in gear (drive or reverse) you gotta give it some gas, it won't start rolling like a true automatic. On a hill, it will roll backwards just like a manual. I wouldn't trade my DCT for a manual, but that's just me.

    As always, drive both and decide which one you like better

    Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Investment grade? I don't know about that.

    You want to see Investment Grade? Check THIS out!

    http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-bmw-m5-6/

    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

    *WHO SELLS AN E34 M5 WITH 14K ON IT TO CARMAX??? SERIOUSLY??*
    I beg to differ. The car has cosmetic and mechanical blemishes. I understand the age is much greater, but it needs quite a bit of cleanup work. Yes, its still investment grade, but to say the M3 I sold is not is definitely not a correct statement.



    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
    John have you driven this car?

    I have been looking at e90m for some time now, but was curious on your thoughts of the 6mt vs Dct? I know you have dct...I'm leaning towards Mt...as it seems more appealing and I would plan to keep the car long term as an enthusiasts auto to drive and enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
    IMO it comes down to personal preference. There are huge advocates for both transmissions on the M3 forums.

    I have an M3 w/ DCT, my cousin has the same car with a 6MT. The manual is obviously more engaging, and really the only choice if you're a 6MT guy through and through. You can certainly drive the DCT quicker IMO. I have the Dinan engine software and DCT tune (so does Joop now!) and it's even better than stock, but even stock it just blasts through the gears. DCT drives a lot like a manual, just doesn't have the 3rd pedal. There is no Park gear, put it in neutral like a manual and pull the e-brake. When you put it in gear (drive or reverse) you gotta give it some gas, it won't start rolling like a true automatic. On a hill, it will roll backwards just like a manual. I wouldn't trade my DCT for a manual, but that's just me.

    As always, drive both and decide which one you like better
    This would have been my exact response... The only other thing I would point out is that if you're in some sort of situation, you can drive the DCT car like a true automatic. This is beneficial, as my wife cannot drive manual...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    5,160
    Car is SOLD!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Alipine White ZHP Coupe 6spd
    By Andrew in forum BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale (vehicles only)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 05:34 PM
  2. 2003 BMW M3 - 6spd. Alpine White - $18000 (Shelbyville, IN)
    By ELCID86 in forum Other Automotive Classifieds (No ZHPs)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 06:35 AM
  3. Alpine White/NB 6 MT - $10,500
    By MiniD in forum BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale (vehicles only)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 03:40 AM
  4. My NEW Alpine White ZHP
    By jeff57ax in forum ZHP Gallery and Video Section
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 03:20 PM
  5. For Sale: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP 6SPD??, 62,500 miles, $12,500, Alpine White - Riverview, FL
    By drummr8 in forum BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale (vehicles only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •