Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

What is needed for a headlight retrofit and what are some things that could also be replaced?

I currently have ZKW xenons that look a bit dim. They're okay for now, but my mechanic said he could do a retrofit so I thought realizing the benefits earlier would be nice.

I did some research and it looks like the way to go is the Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0. So apart from the projectors is there anything else to buy from threretrofitsource? Will the old bulbs work or do I need new ones? Do I need the retrorubber sealant?

Is anything else recommended to be replaced like the rubber seals? I think my old lenses seem in good shape.

i have the TS EvoX-R 'Retro-Quik' kit for my ZKWs, and it is amazing. i've had them for 3 years now, no complaints - and they are brighter than the ALs.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/al...ect_restrict=1
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I e-mailed TRS regarding the Mini D2S 4.0: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...rojectors.html

Depending on the answers, I'll go with that or the Evox-R kit. I'm sure that I'll be satisfied with either.

I have the FX-R 3.0 projectors from TRS. Its a lot more involved in terms of getting the projectors to fit inside the headlamp housings but its worth it.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I have the FX-R 3.0 projectors from TRS. Its a lot more involved in terms of getting the projectors to fit inside the headlamp housings but its worth it.
    i didn't think it was that bad... took me about 2hrs start to finish. it's a good time to replace headlight lenses too!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i didn't think it was that bad... took me about 2hrs start to finish. it's a good time to replace headlight lenses too!
    You referring to the EvoX-R or the FX-R projectors? The EvoX-R projectors are much easier to retrofit than the FX-Rs.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Will the old bulbs work or do I need new ones?
    I've said before, and I'll keep preaching about the XB 4500k. I put the D1S version in my X3 they're just great. I was always an OE bulb guy (85122+ mainly), but tried the XB because D1S is more expensive and needed a student-budget solution. I'll definitely get a pair for when I put clear lenses in my ZHP.

I've shopped at TRS for ~10yrs now, and won't go anywhere else.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Here's the response from TRS.

Thanks for your email! If you have the ZKW Bi-Xenon headlights your best bet is to get the following kit: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/mo...kw-repair.html. That kit allows the projectors to be a direct swap since it comes with a custom bracket, can see the install here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...t-doityourself.

If you would like to install the Mini D2S projectors you will need to make your own brackets in order to allow it to bolt in the existing projector place.

I'm going with the Evox-R retrofit kit, but just for future reference:

If somebody is interested in doing the Mini D2S 4.0 retrofit, there's a place that can make the mounting bracket called Custom Brackets & Designs. But for the ZKW headlights, you would have to send in your headlights. I think they might also supply lightwerkz.