Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I personally don't think a sedan without rear folding seats is any less utilitarian than the coupe, but that's just my opinion. In terms of "if you get a coupe you might as well get the M3" I totally disagree.
    Was my budget M3-friendly? Yes.
    Is the S54 what I want to DD? Not particularly, no.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Here's the way I see it, keep in mind this is EXTREMELY biased and I love all ZHPs for what they are, just the way I played it and see the world through my Imola colored glasses:

Convertible - Too big. Roadsters or bust when it comes to no top.
    Coupe - Might as well buy an M3

Sedan - The only choice. Preferably in Imola. The sedan is literally the reason the Package exists in the first place - was a consolation from BMW for not making a E46 M3 sedan. No reason to get the other two since you can go get an M3 coupe or convertible. Maintenance costs, s54 issues, blah blah blah...it doesn't matter...those versions of the M3 EXIST as options. With the sedan, again, there is no CHOICE. You have all the pros/cons of M vs non-m ownership and then the final nail is the extra doors. If you want them, it's a ZHP sedan. Not a sermon, just a thought - see bias disclaimer above.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Lol sorry
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

WOW!! You gents really know your ZHPs and I am so glad I asked for the feedback. I did not imagine the different points of view and experiences, articulated in such a knowledgeable and friendly setting.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBP2 View Post
    WOW!! You gents really know your ZHPs and I am so glad I asked for the feedback. I did not imagine the different points of view and experiences, articulated in such a knowledgeable and friendly setting.

Despite my comments above, as you can see, you really can't go wrong with any of them. All of them are a part of the Family.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Absolutely..
    I joined the family to learn about the ZHP and gather enough information/knowledge to make an informed decision on my 1st and maybe my only ZHP. I am sure getting a 1st rate education courtesy if you. I also now know that if lucky enough, I would like to be able to own one of each (albeit not at the same time because of $$) but throughout my journey here. They all have their "thing", depending on where you are in life. I am an empty nester so it's just my better half and me. Thanks

I love them all, but I've only had sedans--three 330s at the moment (an 04 ZHP 6MT, an 05 330xi 6MT, and an 04 330xi auto). I'm currently toying with the idea of losing the automatic for an 03 330cic 5MT. I like the businesslike look of a sedan... while coupes do look sporty, I've always had a thing for "sleeper" styling. I've ridden in convertibles a few times, and they are fun in the best of weather but, generally, I find the sun and wind bothersome (I'm not even a big fan of sun roofs), and the prospect of maintenance issues keeps scaring me away (my son had a roof tear on a newer Miata, and it was $2500 to replace). Like I said, though, I can't help fantasizing about those moments in the sun with the wind pleasantly buffeting my bald head as I wring out my I6!

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    the prospect of maintenance issues keeps scaring me away (my son had a roof tear on a newer Miata, and it was $2500 to replace).
    My old neighbor had her 325cic broken into (cut through the roof). It was replaced twice by the dealer and always leaked. She had to put a cover on if it even got cloudy. Pretty much turned me off to verts forever, which sucks.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

My 2 cents... I have a zhp coupe. I got it because I wanted a reasonably practical car but love the proportions and weight of the m coupes. Zhp coupes hard top was the perfect fit and I LOVE my car. I travelled with an infant and found the 2 door was no issue at all, trunk space fits my golf clubs etc. I find there are few days when I wish it was a vert. I have a jeep and again, don't find the perfect day often enough to take that out top less so I think the idea of the vertical for me was better than actually owning one.

My coupe with the big side windows, sunroof popped, ac on and warm tires is all I really ever need. Unless you do the Pacific Coast Highway once a week I think the coupe is a solid upside without the vert option.

I also love not having that black body stripe on the sedan. Looks-wise, CI for me.

The sedan is the true pedigree of the zhp option but I would not trade my coupe now that I have owned it through all seasons a few times. I personally envy the vert 2 times a year but enjoy the hard top benefits 10-20 times more.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Best response ever. Although I will say that I 100% agree with NoVa. Well, except for the IR part.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast