Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Opinions wanted: Hub adapters and spacers

Hey guys, so I'm looking for help and educated opinions from the family.
    I recently got a great deal on some wheels and tires, for my e53, off of an F15. Included were 20mm hub centric spacers and extended bolts. This is the type that bolt to the hub and then the wheels bolt to the spacers.
    Stats
    E53: 72.5mm hub, 7.5" et40, 14x1.5 bolt thread pitch
    F15: 74.1mm hub, 9.5" et38, 14x1.25 bolt thread pitch

So it basically comes down to this:
    Option 1: buy new 20mm hub adapters like this (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...ir/3075725740/$260) buy 14x1.5 extended bolts for spacers (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...7d50-slash-47/$56), and use my existing 14.5 bolts for wheels. Total $316
    Or
    Option 2: buy hub centric ring adapter (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...set/747260~kt/$11) to use with existing spacers, buy 14x1.5 extended bolts to use with spacers ($56), and buy 14x1.25 bolts for wheels (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-mrr-desi...t-14x1.25bk~m/$60). Total $127

Obviously I like option 2 more. My worry is that with such a big spacer the ring adapter will not be safe to run. I honestly am out of my zone here. Am I overthinking this?

It's late so hopefully this makes since. Thanks in advance y'all. I love being a part of this family and being able to ask for help without getting flamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hcbeck2689; 03-13-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Posted before finishing on accident

Man that is a huge spacer. Well on another car I had, I've ran the ring adapters fine. All it does is help center the wheels when you put it on. Then when you tighten down the lugs it's good.

Ok for the 14x1.5 you are talking about the pitch of the threads right? Because if it's the bolt pattern then it doesn't make sense how Option 1 would work. The bolt pattern for the wheels should be 5 x 120.

Can you get a smaller spacer if you want to? Because usually the hub adapter spacers go with 20mm because they need that extra 5mm space for the bolts to bolt onto the car.

I would probably go with a modified version of Option 2 tbh. Get the adapter rings. Get a stud kit, like 90mm or something like that. And the spacer size that you want. At least that way, you can mix and match the spacer size you want later down the road. You don't need to worry about the thread pitch size for the wheels. That only comes into play when you are threading it into the stuck wheel hub

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Man that is a huge spacer. Well on another car I had, I've ran the ring adapters fine. All it does is help center the wheels when you put it on. Then when you tighten down the lugs it's good.

Ok for the 14x1.5 you are talking about the pitch of the threads right? Because if it's the bolt pattern then it doesn't make sense how Option 1 would work. The bolt pattern for the wheels should be 5 x 120.

Can you get a smaller spacer if you want to? Because usually the hub adapter spacers go with 20mm because they need that extra 5mm space for the bolts to bolt onto the car.

I would probably go with a modified version of Option 2 tbh. Get the adapter rings. Get a stud kit, like 90mm or something like that. And the spacer size that you want. At least that way, you can mix and match the spacer size you want later down the road. You don't need to worry about the thread pitch size for the wheels. That only comes into play when you are threading it into the stuck wheel hub
    Yes, I meant thread pitch. Bolt pattern is 5x120 (at least I think so). If not that could be why he was running the spacers he gave me.

I'm trying to spend as little as possible, still doing it the right way. Stud kit could work I guess with the spacers I have. I guess I was thinking this double bolt system must be stronger so that's why it was done.

The spacers are 25mm, I just checked, so they would put the inner edge of the tire 4mm further out than my current set. I'm gonna mount them this week and see if they clear without a spacer at all. There is some wiggle room there now.

This is the spacer I have, so not sure if the studs will work or not. I didn't think of it before because they were designed to be used with two sets of bolts. If I could use spacers here, then I have a pair I could use. My dad never wanted to put on the stud kit with his arc8s(don't ask).

Yellow holes are where the bolts attach to hub. Red holes are where wheels attach to spacer and are 14x1.25 thread pitch, contrary to my hub 14x1.5

Well just realized that they already have hub adapter. Ugh
    The wheels are 79.5 hubs. I wouldn't have know this had the guy not given me the original receipt

I'm confused as to why you want to use any spacer/adapter at all. The offsets look good and as long as it's 5x120 then why wouldn't you just mount them up with your current lug bolts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I'm confused as to why you want to use any spacer/adapter at all. The offsets look good and as long as it's 5x120 then why wouldn't you just mount them up with your current lug bolts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I want to use spacers bc the new wheels are 2" wider with practically the same offset, making the inner clearance 23mm less. The offset on these wheels would need to be et15 to have the same clearance.
    The adapter is needed bc the e53, along with most other bmws in this era, has a 72.56mm hub. Since BMW's are hub centric and it lug centric, this is important that it is matched. The wheels I have are 79.5mm bore with a 74.5mm adapter ring already in them. The spacers are 74.5mm bore.
    Yes, my lug bolts will mount the wheels on my hub, but not on the spacer since it has a different thread pitch.

Normally I wouldn't put myself through all of this clusterf$&@ but the wheels were priced right and I already needed new tires. So I basically got a great deal on practically new tires with wheels, tpms, and spacers thrown in for free.

Anyways, I found a site with the correct adapters. If they don't fit then I will buy some spacers.