Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Delivery Complete!

Overall, I'm pleased with the transportation outfit I used, Direct Express Auto Transport. My car arrived last night in a huge 100' long rig hauling 2 connected trailers. The area I live in had too many obstacles for the driver to negotiate, so It had to be off-loaded in a commercial parking area about a mile away. The rig was enclosed, but with some type of black nylon material. As a result, the car was filthy, but intact and all there. I placed my order with Direct Express on 3/1/17, car was picked up a week later on 3/8/17, and it arrived last night on 3/14/17. Based on other cars I've had shipped using more expensive transport services, 2 weeks seems to be about the average. I got some quotes from other transportation outfits, but they were all around $2K. I paid a total of $1,220.00 for this shipment.

I got a better look at it this morning, and overall, it seems to be clean and as represented by the dealer. After a quick test drive and walk around this morning, it does need a few things. I wouldn't say the car was neglected by the previous owner, just not pampered as it would have been if owned by an enthusiast. I'm sure more stuff will crop up, but so far this is the list I've come up with:

1. Onboard computer display is readable, but pixelated.

I'm gonna need some help with this one from you guys as to the best option here. I noticed that E-bay has a bunch of options ranging from $150 up to about $700 or so. I would think just replacing the display and not the entire unit would be the best bet. There are several used complete OEM units for sale, but whose not to say the same thing won't happen to a used unit in due course. So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Drivers rear view mirror is cloudy in places.

3. There's a slight clunking during braking and acceleration in the front suspension. The dealer told me he thought it would need the control arm bushing replaced, so I expected this. The VIN report from the CA DMV shows an active BMW recall for a front control arm issue, so I'll let the local BMW dealership address this.

4. A little research indicates that the two previous owners were women, so the wheels are obviously in need of repainting due to curb rash. Not a big deal since I'm going to eventually buy new wheels anyway.

5. Some of the interior trim needs to be replaced such as the ZHP black check inserts on the drivers door handle, the shift boot leather is stiff and surround on the shift console is peeling, the drivers side BMW rocker panel plate is a bit grungy, BMW badge on the hood is faded, etc. Typical stuff for an 11 year old car.

6. The leather on the front seats is a bit stiff, so any recommendations of leather conditioning and softening products would also be appreciated.

Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports which appear to be in good enough shape, showing some wear but should be good for at least another 5K miles.

That's about it! I'll take some pics after I've had a chance to clean it up from it's long journey and post them in the near future.

Oh, and yes thats a brand new Rolls Royce Wraith nestled in BELOW my ZHP!

https://youtu.be/3f9pWOjMeYs

Name:  IMG_0300.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  1.67 MB Name:  IMG_0294.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  1.20 MB Name:  IMG_0295.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  1,023.8 KBName:  IMG_0309.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  1.04 MBName:  Frame-15-03-2017-11-53-53.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  166.5 KB
    Last edited by Bludsport; 03-15-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludsport View Post
    Overall, I'm pleased with the transportation outfit I used, Direct Express Auto Transport. My car arrived last night in a huge 100' long rig hauling 2 connected trailers. The area I live in had too many obstacles for the driver to negotiate, so It had to be off-loaded in a commercial parking area about a mile away. The rig was enclosed, but with some type of black nylon material. As a result, the car was filthy, but intact and all there. I placed my order with Direct Express on 3/1/17, car was picked up a week later on 3/8/17, and it arrived last night on 3/14/17. Based on other cars I've had shipped using more expensive transport services, 2 weeks seems to be about the average. I got some quotes from other transportation outfits, but they were all around $2K. I paid a total of $1,220.00 for this shipment.

I got a better look at it this morning, and overall, it seems to be clean and as represented by the dealer. After a quick test drive and walk around this morning, it does need a few things. I wouldn't say the car was neglected by the previous owner, just not pampered as it would have been if owned by an enthusiast. I'm sure more stuff will crop up, but so far this is the list I've come up with:

1. Onboard computer display is readable, but pixelated.

I'm gonna need some help with this one from you guys as to the best option here. I noticed that E-bay has a bunch of options ranging from $150 up to about $700 or so. I would think just replacing the display and not the entire unit would be the best bet. There are several used complete OEM units for sale, but whose not to say the same thing won't happen to a used unit in due course. So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Drivers rear view mirror is cloudy in places.

3. There's a slight clunking during braking and acceleration in the front suspension. The dealer told me he thought it would need the control arm bushing replaced, so I expected this. The VIN report from the CA DMV shows an active BMW recall for a front control arm issue, so I'll let the local BMW dealership address this.

4. A little research indicates that the two previous owners were women, so the wheels are obviously in need of repainting due to curb rash. Not a big deal since I'm going to eventually buy new wheels anyway.

5. Some of the interior trim needs to be replaced such as the ZHP black check inserts on the drivers door handle, the shift boot leather is stiff and surround on the shift console is peeling, the drivers side BMW rocker panel plate is a bit grungy, BMW badge on the hood is faded, etc. Typical stuff for an 11 year old car.

6. The leather on the front seats is a bit stiff, so any recommendations of leather conditioning and softening products would also be appreciated.

Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports which appear to be in good enough shape, showing some wear but should be good for at least another 5K miles.

That's about it! I'll take some pics after I've had a chance to clean it up from it's long journey and post them in the near future.

Oh, and yes thats a brand new Rolls Royce Wraith nestled in BELOW my ZHP!

https://youtu.be/3f9pWOjMeYs

Name:  IMG_0300.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  1.67 MB Name:  IMG_0294.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  1.20 MB Name:  IMG_0295.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  1,023.8 KBName:  IMG_0309.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  1.04 MBName:  Frame-15-03-2017-11-53-53.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  166.5 KB
    Just curious. Did you consider the affiliate transport company at the top of the page. If you did consider them, I was just curious what the comparison here was and what the reason was for choosing who you went with.

Thanks for the feedback.

http://imageautogroup.com

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Good for you!

On 6) Leatherique is what most people use I think.

on 2) Autodimming mirror for sale on our site.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Yes, I did contact the affiliate group a few times, but they were very slow to respond. By the time I heard back from them, my car had already been assigned a pick up date. I think the affiliate's price was around $1,700 to $1,800.

Glad that worked out. GL with the car. BTW, they responded very quickly to my request.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Good for you!

On 6) Leatherique is what most people use I think.

on 2) Autodimming mirror for sale on our site.
    Thanks for the heads up on the mirror, but after reading a few posts here, I went with the blue tinted something "spherical" mirrors. I figured if I went with the original mirrors, it would just happen again. I wanted to soften the leather a little. Being a convertible, the leather is more prone to sun damage and I wanted to try and soften the part of the front seats that your ass sits on. I did the passengers seat with the leatherique cleaner and I was surprised how dirty the seat was. The cleaner is fantastic...never thought I'd get all the dirt off. The conditioner is a little greasy and worked well on most of the seat, but the ass part. It's still a little hard, so I'll most likely treat everything twice. Having never owned a ZHP, is factory new BMW leather buttery soft or a little stiff to start out with?

I have no idea, I don't drive a zhp. I have leatherette. It's a pretty hard plastic.
    Good for you on the leatherique, you need some heat on it I think but will let others chime in.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I think Montana leather of our ZHP dries out a bit with age if it's not treated regularly. I'm only basing that on what other members have posted before.

Welcome ... Any updates on your vert ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles