Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Crater Lake Road Tour - June 16-18

Register for the event at club site raddrives.com

Crater Lake Adventure – June 16-18
    This trip has been a long time coming. An adventure tour to Crater Lake. This drive will take us through some of the best scenery the Sierra Mountain range has to offer. Each day will include several stops, allowing everyone to take in the major sights in Northern CA and Southern OR .

Day 1 will start in Sacramento, with what will be the only boring section of our adventure. Before we know it, we will be on the fun back roads. Once we hit the back roads, the tour will avoid all the major freeways as much as possible. Stops for the day will include Lassen Volcanic Park, Subway Cave Lava Tubes, and McLoud Falls. We will end the day in Mt. Shasta.

Day 2 will be the run up to Crater Lake. There we will explore the crater, an old Western fort and hotel, and a miniature rail museum. Most of the day will be spent exploring, so bring your camera and your walking shoes.

Day 3 will be the run back home, as we will leave Klamath Falls OR to head back to CA. This day will be a half day. We will make our way along scenic back roads to end at the final lunch stop. After lunch, everyone can make their way home as they see fit.

Day 1: June 16 – Volcanic Run

The planned route will have the best twisty roads of the tour. This day will also have a focus on seeing the Volcanic formations of the region. Remember to bring walking shoes and a good flashlight for the lava tubes.

Day 1: Meeting Location
    Address: Starbucks - 3230 Arena Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95834
    Time: 7:00am
    Depart: 7:30am – Trip begins.

The first leg of the day will have the longest freeway section of the trip.
    Lunch stop will be a Wholefoods boxed lunch in Lassen Park.
    Time: ~12:30pm arrive with 30 min for lunch.

After lunch, we will head to the lava tubes, followed by the McLoud Falls. The end of the day will be spent in Mt. Shasta.

Hotel Address: Comfort Inn & Suites - 1844 Shastina Dr, Weed, CA 96094
    Dinner will be at Mike and Tony’s, serving good Italian food.
    Address: 501 S. Mt. Shasta Blvd, Mt. Shasta, CA 96067
    Time: 7:00pm

Day 2: June 17 – Crater Run

Day two we will make the short drive to see Crater Lake. This will be the low mileage day, allowing us to maximize the time spent seeing the sights of the region.

Address: Comfort Inn & Suites - 1844 Shastina Dr, Weed, CA 96094
    Time: 7:30am meet up in parking lot
    Depart: 8:00am to head to trails.

Lunch stop will be a Subway boxed lunch at Crater lake. After lunch, the group will head to the local old West Fort to get a taste of the pioneer days. Following the Fort, the final stops will be at a Rail Museum and an old west hotel. We will end the day in Klamath Falls before heading to dinner.

Hotel Address: Cimarron Inn - 3060 S 6th St, Klamath Falls, OR 97603
    Dinner Stop, for those who wish to join in some local brews.
    Address: Klamath Basin Brewing Co - 1320 Main St., Klamath Falls, OR 97601
    Time: 6:30pm

Day 3: June 17 – South Bound Trucking
    The last day will be a driver’s day. We will have only one stop, Burney Falls, before we end for lunch in Redding, CA.
    Hotel Address: Cimarron Inn - 3060 S 6th St, Klamath Falls, OR 97603
    Time: 7:30am meet up in parking lot
    Depart: 8:00am depart.
    Lunch for those who wish to join will be at a great local restaurant.
    Address: From the Hearth Café - 2650 Churn Creek Rd., Redding, CA 96002
    Time: `12:30pm

Fees:

The base fee collected is for Decals, Single Club Event Membership, Club Membership Insurance, and PayPal. This fee is collected at cost, as we believe in doing things for fun and not for profit. Organizers also pay this fee to participate. Hotels, lunches and other extra items are also collected at cost under a group rate, allowing us to get the best deals possible.

Register for the event at club site raddrives.com

NorCal drive organizer guy

Looks fun!

^^What he said! I planned to hit Crater Lake this year, bout a 5-6 hour trek from PDX
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Deadline to sign up with group hotels is May 27th.

Final deadline is June 12th.

Q&A
    Who is going?
    - This is open to all sports cars. Most trips are BMW, Audi, Porsche, Jaguar and Corvette. Trips always get a wide range of vehicles.

Is it just this forum?
    - No the invite is put on multiple forums and groups

Is it family friendly?
    - Yes families are welcome to come as this is about seeing sights as well as driving cars.

What do we do on the tour?
    - Day is broken up into sections. Some of the day is spent driving fun back roads and the other is spent seeing sights as a group to make friends or catch up with old ones

Why go on the tour?
    - This is a organized club event so all the planning is done. All you do is show up and have fun.

NorCal drive organizer guy

Sounds awesome, enjoy!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture