Hello ZHP Mafia members.
So I went out on a limb and bought myself a 2005 ZHP black on black. I say "out on a limb" because the car had a salvage/repaired title, and because the PO was not very into preventative maintenance. I got the car for a pretty good price (I think), but it is going to get some TLC from me. The PO was a female, and say what you may about women babying their cars...I don't get the impression this one was babied. Thrashed? Probably not, but it wasn't treated like the rare car it is.
I have a thread in the classifieds that was a WTB thread but kind of morphed into something else. I figured since I now have the car and am no longer in the WTB category that I should start something in the projects area to document my journey and to seek advice when needed.
For now my list of to-dos consists of:
- Valve cover gasket replacement
- Vanos service
- Replace worn rubber parts that are in a severely deteriorated state
- Save money to buy front fenders and hood
- Save money to get front fenders and hood painted
- Find an engine splash guard and get it installed (mine is missing)
- Identify other missing or broken parts that I can't live with in their current state
- Get the C-pillars recovered