Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I originally bought these:

https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...l-coilover-kit

Over the years, I replaced the springs with swift coilover springs to increase the spring rate to 448lbs/560lbs/in Front/Rear respectively.

The setup is a very sound coilover system that has wonderful tameness for daily driver with limited rebound adjustment for HPDEs. My original intent when I first purchased these was 99% daily driving + 1% HPDEs. The purpose of the car obviously did not reflect the original intent and has steered itself a little further down the HPDE line.

Since my ZHP is merely a garage queen with HPDEs, I am considering overhauling my suspension with MCS 1-ways or 2ways.

If you want to go with GC, you seriously can't go wrong. It is a great setup and I really appreciate its ability to be usable on the streets. In comparison, my cousin's ZHP has turner motorsport coilovers and it was far from comfortable as a daily.

They don't make that kit anymore, but it is similar to this.
    https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...ndle/?pdk=AQEB

Feel free to PM me if you ever want more info or even to just chat about suspension. I like talking car stuff.
    Yeah, I hear you. My plan is MCS 2WNR as well, with Vorshlag camber plates. Just not sure when that will happen. $4800 is a lot all at once... But on track the stock suspension, which has been refreshed recently, just doesn't stand a chance. Planning 600 lbf/in front, 700 lbf/in rear for the MCS

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. My plan is MCS 2WNR as well, with Vorshlag camber plates. Just not sure when that will happen. $4800 is a lot all at once... But on track the stock suspension, which has been refreshed recently, just doesn't stand a chance. Planning 600 lbf/in front, 700 lbf/in rear for the MCS
    If you do go with MCS, be sure to talk to wyatt here on the forums. He works at MCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    If you do go with MCS, be sure to talk to wyatt here on the forums. He works at MCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I spoke with him a few weeks ago and he was very helpful. I will be calling back

Mileage: 118,400 miles

Oil change and filter replacement, I went with Redline 15w50 and MANN

Transmission fluid change with Redline D4 ATF. I had three track days on the old fluid and it was GROSS, although only 1000 miles

Got as much power steering fluid out as possible, refilled with D4 ATF. My reservoir kept blowing fluid everywhere during hard track days. Not sure what was in there

Differential fluid change. The diff came with 75w90. Then upped it to 75w110, still too thin. Trying 75w140 now

Got my smoked tires off my drift wheels and mounted my new rubber, $60 each on amazon!

Drove it a little...

APEX FL-5 18x8.5 ET35 will be here Thursday, tires are already here. Hopefully get the new setup on the car on Friday. Planning fender roll and additional spacers, but thats for another time

Name:  IMG_0277.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  712.9 KB

Got a special delivery today

Name:  IMG_1177-1.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  1.22 MB

Oh man those look killer! Can't wait to see them mounted.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    Oh man those look killer! Can't wait to see them mounted.
    Yeah they look great. My photo skills aren't so great, but they look amazing in person.

Tire shop already has my Falkens and I'm having these mounted in the morning. 19mm spacer front 15mm rear, we'll see how the fitment comes out.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast