Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    I also rebuilt parts of the motor in my driveway:
    New PRD oil pump with retention screws (to fix harmonics issues at higher RPM)

The car also just got a custom tune from Randy, owner of EPIC motorsports. Tune attributes are:
    new fuel mapping
    new throttle mapping

Attachment 33409
    Josh, nice work!

More info on the fuel and throttle map adjustments? Did he add more fuel for you or something under full load?

Also what wheels are you rocking in this pic?

Brave work installing that PRD oil pump in the driveway, I think you have to drop the front subframe to drop that oil pan and get access to that...?

Keep up the awesome work!
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Yep Ryan, you have remove all that stuff. I was replacing my oil pan gasket anyway so I used an Achilles oil pump. Just make sure you prime the pump before installation.
    I'm also curious about the tune. I need more fuel and AJ is no help
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Josh, nice work!

More info on the fuel and throttle map adjustments? Did he add more fuel for you or something under full load?

Also what wheels are you rocking in this pic?

Brave work installing that PRD oil pump in the driveway, I think you have to drop the front subframe to drop that oil pan and get access to that...?

Keep up the awesome work!
    Thanks, yes I dropped the whole front end including bumper, rad, k member subframe and oil pan. You also need to take the whole front cover off to access the oil chain tensioner install location. so water pump and crank comes off.

I'm not sure what he added to the tune. smoothed out the 4k power dip and added a good bit of power everywhere, and it has WAY better response (stock response is atrocious)

Im running APEX FL-5 here, they were the first set of production way back a year ago or so. they have 615k 235/40-18 on them
    /

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Yep Ryan, you have remove all that stuff. I was replacing my oil pan gasket anyway so I used an Achilles oil pump. Just make sure you prime the pump before installation.
    I'm also curious about the tune. I need more fuel and AJ is no help
    Not only did I not prime the pump, i stripped on of the bolts that hold the sprocket on, and stripped two of the four female oil pump girdle mounting holes that are threaded directly in the block.

SENT IT ANYWAY. been living at 7200 rpm for over a month now and 4 track days since then, no issues

with that said, it'll probably blow up soon

Hmm. I didn't take 3/4 of that stuff off when I did mine. Just the cross member and oil pan. Took the nut off the sprocket to get the chain off and vise versa to get the new pump on.
    I've always primed the oil pump on any rebuild I've done that involves the oil pump. I even had a tool I made for Ford V8s that went down the distributor shaft to the oil pump drive gear. I'd spin that baby with a drill and whatch the oil pressure gauge go to 80 psi without the engine running
    Sounds like not priming the pump worked out for you though...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Hmm. I didn't take 3/4 of that stuff off when I did mine. Just the cross member and oil pan. Took the nut off the sprocket to get the chain off and vise versa to get the new pump on.
    I've always primed the oil pump on any rebuild I've done that involves the oil pump. I even had a tool I made for Ford V8s that went down the distributor shaft to the oil pump drive gear. I'd spin that baby with a drill and whatch the oil pressure gauge go to 80 psi without the engine running
    Sounds like not priming the pump worked out for you though...
    The reason the rest had to be removed was because I replaced the whole pump with a different one, not just the shaft. So the whole cradle had to come off and the sprocket was a new one, did not reuse the original. Front engine cover has to come over to access location for adding oil chain tensioner, which these cars do not come with

Ahh I thought there had to be a reason for taking the front cover off. I swapped the whole pump too but didn't add the tensioner. What part number is the tensioner? Is that the one from the S52?
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    AYYY that's dope. And hilarious because that photo has no camber plates installed...lol

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast