Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Valid point, we can't compare apples to oranges. My main goal is to maximize tire life. I don't track or autocross my car.
    This is going to be a much bigger factor in buying tires this time around, and cost. Last time was performance first, cost second. Plus its my GFs, and while she drives spiritedly, no track or autocross in the future. I am currently considering these Toyo Extensa HP II as an option but ma very unsure:

https://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/toyo.../p/TV190002948

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Me, too, on some of the cars. Sounds like Vas & GotZHP were considering something more towards the performance end. I have Primacys on the E28 that my boys drove & they've work great.
    I think im just going to buy Firestone Fire Hawk Indy 500s for the rear of my car as that is what is on the front and they are fairly new. I've had horrible luck with tires on the ZHP so far. Hit a metal grate on the highway (great design guys, really, like metal grates on a highway, come on) and almost shredded my rear driver side tire two days before leaving for a vacation in France. Wanted a cheap replacement so I got Barum 3HPs.

A little while later, hit a huge pothole on another Cali highway and put a bubble in the driver's front tire. Replaced with the Firehawk Indy 500s because that's what I could get on the car on a Saturday 350 miles away from my home. I actually really like these tires considering and want a matching set.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I have the Firehawk Indy 500s on the E38 and E39 and they are great tires for the price. Will probably put them on the ZHP when its time. They are quiet on the E38, but can be loud at very certain speeds on the E39. I hear tire noise coasting at like 23mph, but quiet otherwise.
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123