Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin.colo View Post
    ...well the ticket is for 15 over.
    You might have saved yourself a lot of trouble & expense, but Bruce may have more recent intel. Usually there is a phone number for the city/town/county where you were nabbed that gives you the cost of the ticket based on miles over the limit, plus court costs. It's been awhile since I was stopped - VA is big on collecting high-speed driving taxes!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Posts
    2,806
    Its been many moons (thankfully) for me to but I have sons that drive, each has been in a similar situation. A $500 lawyer charge gets it reduced to just speeding. The reckless charge doesn't even have to be mentioned on the ticket, the judge can impose it just because the law allows him to. And if he wants to, he will.

    Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

    Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    You might have saved yourself a lot of trouble & expense, but Bruce may have more recent intel. Usually there is a phone number for the city/town/county where you were nabbed that gives you the cost of the ticket based on miles over the limit, plus court costs. It's been awhile since I was stopped - VA is big on collecting high-speed driving taxes!
    The cop told me about the number where I can call to just pay the ticket. I asked him specifically because I'm from NC and didn't want to drive. I'll call the number and depending on that I'll get a lawyer or not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA/DC
    Posts
    14,440

    Work trip to MD: 650+ miles drive on the ZHP

    Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    In VA, anything over 80 mph is considered speeding AND reckless driving, you're likely going to need a lawyer to get this reduced to just speeding.
    True. And VA has started putting up large signs reminding would-be offenders.

    You will probably start getting cards and letters from attorneys...worth a call to a few and get their take. A preemptive drivers education class is worth doing and perhaps it gets reduced and only the fine/fees, etc.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    True. And VA has started putting up large signs reminding would-be offenders.

    You will probably start getting cards and letters from attorneys...worth a call to a few and get their take. A preemptive drivers education class is worth doing and perhaps it gets reduced and only the fine/fees, etc.
    Damn, I thought just calling the number and paying the fine would get this taken care of. , just one more thing I don't got time for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA/DC
    Posts
    14,440
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin.colo View Post
    Damn, I thought just calling the number and paying the fine would get this taken care of. , just one more thing I don't got time for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It might for an out of state driver. I really don't know. Be sure to ask when you call the court clerk.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. How many miles did you drive your ZHP / BMW / MINI in 2017 ?
    By fredo in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-26-2018, 08:22 AM
  2. How many miles did you drive your ZHP / BMW / MINI in 2016 ?
    By fredo in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 09:06 PM
  3. How many miles did you drive your ZHP / BMW / MINI in 2015 ?
    By fredo in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 02:43 PM
  4. How many miles did you drive your ZHP / BMW / MINI in 2014 ?
    By fredo in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 07:08 AM
  5. 110 pictures - Work trip from ROVERT'S point of view (Spoiler: F30 content)
    By Rovert in forum Everything Non ZHP (the place for non-ZHP photos)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 04:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •