Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So that Viton OFHG that we've always wanted? It's been available at BavAuto since August...

Good to know after I just finished replacing the OFHG last weekend.

Product Page

BavAuto Blog Post

A common oil leak on late model BMW 6-cylinder engines is the small gasket between the oil filter housing and the engine block, known as the oil filter housing gasket (or, OFHG). The oil filter housing is the large aluminum casting that houses the oil filter and also mounts the alternator and the power steering pump. This issue apples to the M50, M52, M52TU, M54, M56, S50, S52 and S54 6-cylinder engines from the early ’90s through the late ’00s. With this noted, the most common models for leakage are the M52TU and M54 versions. On these engines, it’s not a question of IF the gasket will leak, but WHEN. The cure is to remove the housing and replace the gasket. And, once the work has been done to replace the gasket, it’s not uncommon for it to begin leaking again. Of course, this can be rather frustrating. While the gasket is only a few dollars, the labor to replace it is not inconsequential.

Knowing the problems with the standard replacement gaskets, BavAuto has worked with our suppliers to develop a new long-life oil filter housing gasket that is made from Dupont’s high-tech Viton material. Viton is far more resistant to the heat and chemicals associated with the oil filter housing gasket. Installing the BavAuto Viton gasket means this will be the LAST time you perform this task.
    I've searched around and only a few people have tried it with no one giving their thoughts afterwards. I guess it's one of those things that will take a few years to form an opinion on.

Dang, I just did mine too a couple months ago. Haha.
    Like you said, definitely something that would take time to form an opinion on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to remember this thread whenever I need to replace mine down the road.

good find, regardless of timing - i will probably install this before i get the ZHP engine into the Touring... just for peace of mind.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I just did mine too! Dang it!

I'm doing mine, like now .... wish I had seen that about 3 days ago.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Definitely using this when it's time for another one. Thanks!

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Perhaps someone here will try one and report their experience in the Service/Maintenance section. I've done two in the past year using the dealer part, not knowing this option was available. Maintenance section: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...20-Maintenance
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

So that Viton OFHG that we've always wanted? It's been available at BavAuto since August...

BINGO! I can't even tell you how many times I suggested making this OFHG out of VITON! I was actually looking into doing it myself, LoL.

I replaced mine twice on my ZHP. If you guys are doing your's now or going to soon jump on this! We use Viton Orings at work and they are 10 times better than regular Orings!
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 03-24-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast