Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Y'all gotta remember that new speakers need time to break in and sound right. The Bavsound kit is not exciting when first installed as the fresh speakers don't sound any better than broken-in HK's. Lemme see if I can dig up my notes on this one...

Edit: here u go. They sound wonderful now that they're broken in. I wouldn't mind a little more bass, but it's plenty punchy as-is.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...308#post566308
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Def agree the bavsound needs more bass. I put in a subwoofer and that made all the difference, from good to great.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Good to know! Thank you for that

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Hood rats?

But I agree with you, I think we need a state of the union on E46 Harmon Kardon audio in 2020 since most threads on the topic are several years old now. Anyone have any insight?
    People who live in low-income neighborhoods and seemingly spend what little money they have on INSANE sound systems. I want something that will impress them.

Like I said, the new 340i HK speaker system blew. my. mind. Woah.

Seems ridiculous that the best option we have is the BavSound system which only gets mixed reviews. I wish I could hear one in person, it's hard to guess what other people's standards are.

Yeah, let's go easy on terms like hood rats. Wrt to Bavsound, no way you'd get that kind of sound.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Yeah, let's go easy on terms like hood rats. Wrt to Bavsound, no way you'd get that kind of sound.

Agreed. It just takes the HK system from like a 5 to an 8. The treble is more defined, the bass is punchier, and the whole sound is noticeably clearer. It's just not going to magically add a 10" subwoofer to the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Agreed. It just takes the HK system from like a 5 to an 8. The treble is more defined, the bass is punchier, and the whole sound is noticeably clearer. It's just not going to magically add a 10" subwoofer to the trunk.
    Bass is nice, but it's not the key to really good sound. I'm decently happy with the stock HK subs. It sounds like, short of replacing the full stack (head unit, amplifier, speakers), the Bavsound option is the one to go with. It's also my understanding the e46 uses non-standad speakers?

You can upgrade the installed HK sound system using aftermarket components.... speakers, cross overs, subs and amp. This is what I did to my M3 with Kyle's help and a few members here have heard this sound system in person. In my case Rockford Fosgate speakers, cross overs and amp and a 1000w Quarts MB amp and Alpine 10" subwoofer were used. I retained the Navi display and BM53 radio in my M3 to keep the stock appearance of the car.

Years later and I still have no issues with the sound system Kyle installed. It still has clear distortion-free sound and deep bass. It all depends on how you want to set up your sound system.

I am actually in the middle of upgrading my ZHP. AudioControl amps, infinity reference speakers ( couldn’t make the focals fit without major mods to the door), JL Audio sub and wiring, distribution and such from Knuconceptz. As soon as I finish the shifter rebuild I will be wrapping the wiring harness I made with Tessa tape for a factory look. The amps will reside on a custom amp rack in the factory location. Also making custom speaker adapters out of HPDE. Will be utilizing the Dynavin that was in the car from PO for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    You can upgrade the installed HK sound system using aftermarket components.... speakers, cross overs, subs and amp. This is what I did to my M3 with Kyle's help and a few members here have heard this sound system in person. In my case Rockford Fosgate speakers, cross overs and amp and a 1000w Quarts MB amp and Alpine 10" subwoofer were used. I retained the Navi display and BM53 radio in my M3 to keep the stock appearance of the car.

Years later and I still have no issues with the sound system Kyle installed. It still has clear distortion-free sound and deep bass. It all depends on how you want to set up your sound system.
    An M3 with a banging sound system would be about as good as cars get. I would guess it’s neither cheap nor easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSET303 View Post
    I am actually in the middle of upgrading my ZHP. AudioControl amps, infinity reference speakers ( couldn’t make the focals fit without major mods to the door), JL Audio sub and wiring, distribution and such from Knuconceptz. As soon as I finish the shifter rebuild I will be wrapping the wiring harness I made with Tessa tape for a factory look. The amps will reside on a custom amp rack in the factory location. Also making custom speaker adapters out of HPDE. Will be utilizing the Dynavin that was in the car from PO for now.

By all means start your own build thread with pics and cost breakdown!

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    An M3 with a banging sound system would be about as good as cars get. I would guess it’s neither cheap nor easy to do.

By all means start your own build thread with pics and cost breakdown!
    I have been piecing it together for months. This will be in my build thread...but for a teaser

These will not fit without major modification. Mounting depth is too great to overcome easily.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast