Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Enthusiast owned 2004 Imola Red Convertible, 6-speed manual transmission, 104K miles, well maintained, clean title, Seattle WA area

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    VIN: WBABW53494PJ96131
    Year: 2004
    Make: BMW
    Model: 330CiC ZHP
    Price: 12,000 obo
    Mileage: 104,300
    Transmission type: 6-speed manual
    Body Type (coupe or sedan): Convertible
    Color: Imola Red / Black leather interior / Black soft top
    Packages (from the window sticker): ZHP Performance Package, Heated Front Seats, Park Distance Control, Rain Sense Wipers, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Navigation System, BMW Assist, Harmon-Kardon Sound System
    Title status: CLEAN title in hand, no liens

This is an enthusiast owned, well maintained, always garaged, super fun Imola Red convertible with the 6-speed manual transmission. I bought it in September 2009 with 36,500 miles on the clock and have averaged just over 9,000 miles per year with it. The mileage is now at 104,300 or so.

According to the production numbers here on ZHPMafia.com, only 190 Imola Red ZHP manual transmission convertibles were ever made, and this one is a great example. It's completely stock except for an M3 OEM strut tower brace and addition of a 3.5mm audio aux port using factory BMW parts. The Carfax was clean when I bought it in 2009, and there have been no accidents or paint work since then.

I am happy to answer any and all questions and entertain offers. My e-mail address is pnewton79@gmail.com, if you'd prefer to talk on the phone e-mail me your phone number and I'll call you.

Maintenance highlights:

• All service records and original documentation are available
    • Engine oil changed every 7500 miles with Lubri-Moly 5w30 full synthetic and Mann oil filter elements
    • Inspection 2 was done in late 2012 at 66K miles by my local shop Eastside Bavarian (http://eastsidebavarian.com/) and they performed Inspection 1 around 93K in late 2015.
    • Belts & hoses were done at Inspection 2
    • Thermostat replaced two years ago (it had failed open so the car wouldn’t fully warm up to operating temp)
    • Water pump & expansion tank are brand new
    • Cam cover gasket replaced in 2013
    • Oil filter housing gasket and VANOS oil line replaced in 2014
    • Clutch fluid changed and Clutch Delay Valve removed at Inspection 2
    • Brake fluid changed regularly, most recently December 2015
    • Front control arm bushings replaced at Inspection 2
    • Rear trailing arm bushings replaced with Powerflex polyurethane bushings in early 2016, alignment done by Eastside Bavarian after bushing replacement
    • Replaced brake pads, rotors and brake wear sensors all around in early 2014 around 75K miles. Pads are Hawk HPS, which have excellent bite and modulation but don’t dust near as much as factory pads.
    • All four underbody jacking pads are in place (I replaced them in 2013)
    • Known potential maintenance needs- there is moisture on one of the power steering lines, this was reported at Inspection 1 about 15 months ago but it has caused no ill effects and has never affected the fluid level in the reservoir, so I haven't worried about it. Also, Inspection 1 noted that the rear diff mount was showing wear, but again I've noticed no ill effects and have not replaced it.

Body/paint:
    • Overall I'd call it an 8 out of 10.
    • The paint is still in great shape overall. I had a clear bra put on just after buying the car at 36K miles, it covers the entire nose, the side mirrors and the lower fenders behind the front and rear wheels.
    • There are some chips on the hood and one noticeable door ding on I believe the right rear fender.
    • There is some curb wear on the front fascia “teeth,” as can be seen in the head-on photo.

Convertible top:
    • The convertible top fabric was replaced with the OEM BMW part in 2014- as a result the car is super quiet inside.
    • The power top mechanism works perfectly, I've never had a problem with it.

Wheels/Tires:
    • All four wheels were refinished in 2014 and are in excellent shape with no curb rash
    • Front tires are Continental DWS with ~17K on them, lots of tread left
    • Rear tires are DWS 06 with ~10K on them, lots of tread left
    • Mini donut spare was replaced in 2014

Interior:
    • Like the exterior, I'd call this 8/10.
    • There is the typical wear on the driver's side seat bolster and some scuffing on the rear headrests from car seats when my kids were young and rode back there occasionally.
    • The black cube trim on the armrests shows typical wear
    • The nav unit has some faulty pixels near the top of the screen.
    • The center air vent is slightly cracked from “poor removal technique” when I installed the aux port.
    • Leather steering wheel, not alcantara (thankfully)
    • Shift knob replaced with new OEM ZHP knob in 2015
    • Cabin filter replaced every 15,000 miles using Mann filters

These photos are from summer 2016, but they accurately represent the vehicle's current condition. I am in the process of polishing it up this weekend and will post current photos ASAP.

Last edited by PatN; 03-24-2017 at 07:57 PM.

GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    GLWS!

+1

Looks nice! GLWS

Sale pending.

That was quick.

Great looking vert.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Clean!

Sold.

I will recommend the new owner join this site. Thanks for years of interesting info and tech support, gents! Enjoy your ZHPs.