Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

BMW 330 ZHP Tires: Recommended Tires for a ZHP in 2017.

Hello Famiglia,

I am looking for your input on the best tires available for a BMW ZHP. I live in Texas where winters are mild and snow is not an issue. The car is a DD on a daily commute of @50 miles r/t. Thank you in advance for your advice.

I run Hankook Ventus V12 and we have roughly the same commute. They have enough grip for daily and some spirited driving, last a while and are budget friendly.

-Damian SoCal
    2003 ZHP 6MT Jet Black, black cube, CDV-ectomy, ESS TS2, UUC LWFW & Stage 1 clutch, MFactory LSD 3.38, Alcantara pillars, clutch stop

Looks like you're probably best going with some good summers. This is a thread that will be debated till death - everyone has their own preference on tires.

Best advice is go to tire rack, choose some Ultra High or Max Performance summer tires, decide on your budget and then use the survey's to compare your 2-3 top choices with each other.

Most will say Conti DW, Hankook V12s or Bridgestone S-04's will give you best "bang for your buck" in the max category.

Pilot Super Sports are best performers but may be more pricey. Worth it if you do auto-x or track days though.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

I just bought a set of Sumitomo HTR Z III for my summers today. I had a set for the last 3 years and chose to stick with the same brand because it is wallet friendly and have enough grip for me to have some fun. They seem to have decent ratings on Tirerack:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...odel=HTR+Z+III
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

I've got continental dws06 on my style 135s and my BBS CH wheels and love them.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Howdy, AZ. Where in TX ? Austin here. I have the Conti DW. Good tires, but they are discontinued. My next set will be a Michelin.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I've had great luck with Michelins on cars from small cars to big SUV's--in terms of performance AND reliability. In fact, I'm currently running Defenders on a Buick (don't laugh), Premier A/S's on my automatic 330xi, Pilot Super Sports on my ZHP, and LTX M/S2's on a Dodge Durango. The manual 330xi I just bought came with new Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2's and, while I don't have anything against the performance, I just had to replace one due to a tire bulge in the sidewall which, I read, is not all that uncomon. I have NEVER had a problem of any kind with Michelins.

The PSS's feel wonderful to me, get terrific reviews, seem emblematic of the ZHP, and are even discounted by Tire Rack ($10) and Michelin ($70) as we write. You decide...

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Howdy, AZ. Where in TX ? Austin here. I have the Conti DW. Good tires, but they are discontinued. My next set will be a Michelin.
    They're on closeout now. $85 from TireRack in 245/40R17 size. Would be a good cheap option.

I'll throw in my 2 cents since I tried pretty much all the popular options in stock zhp sizes.

Been through the Bridgestone s04, continental dw, continental dws(all season tire) and hankook ventus evo 2. Also just ordered the new continental extreme contact sport to replace the worn out Bridgestone s04.

Never spent the extra money on the michelin pilot super sport so I have no experience with those. But keep in mind the pilot super sport is going to be phased out and replace with michelin pilot sport 4s.

Also the continental dw is being phased out right now so that is why they are pretty cheap on tirerack.

Bridgestone s04 provide alot of grip in the dry, great steering response. Downside is they are on the firm side over road imperfections and when they are close to the wear indicators they start to show tramlinimg. All the reviews for them state they are close to the michelin pilot super sport at a cheaper cost.

Continental dw provide amazing grip in the rain and are very quite. But the steering response is mushy from the soft sidewall. Overall grip is good in the dry.

Hankook Ventus v12 evo 2 provide amazing steering response. Overall grip in the dry is good but not great and in the wet they are a bit of a letdown. Cost wise they are probably the cheapest tire out there in their category.

My recommendation based on my experience would be the Bridgestone s04 but if you want to spend less the Hankook Ventus v12 Evo 2.

However all the stuff I read about the new continental extreme contact sport promises them to be on par with the michelin pilot super sport. I would go with them before ordering the michelin imo.

Hope that helps.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    New model is same tire with better compound and new name but same tread style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast