Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks! I dropped it off this morning at Firestone and will pick it up during lunch time. I did purchase the lifetime alignment on sale for $155 (usually $200ish). We also discussed adding weight in the back seats during the alignment. Will see how they fared and go from there on other service the car will need down the road. Still searching for an Indy shop down here preferably closer to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a call: they suggest rear brakes as they are ready for a change and the rear shocks which are starting to go. $450 brakes and about the same for the shocks... thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AZBP2 View Post
    Just got a call: they suggest rear brakes as they are ready for a change and the rear shocks which are starting to go. $450 brakes and about the same for the shocks... thoughts?

Pass

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

+1

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by AZBP2 View Post
    Thanks! I dropped it off this morning at Firestone and will pick it up during lunch time. I did purchase the lifetime alignment on sale for $155 (usually $200ish). We also discussed adding weight in the back seats during the alignment. Will see how they fared and go from there on other service the car will need down the road. Still searching for an Indy shop down here preferably closer to home.

I wish the firestone here did alignments on our cars. That's a great price.

I read the rear struts are really easy to replace. I found online (rockauto.com) the OEM Sachs rears for $54 each (PN 556882). I remember you are not a DIY guy (I'm the same way) so I would buy them online and find an Indy that lets you take your own parts.

As for the brakes, ask for a 2nd opinion. My local tire shop made the same comment when they repaired a tire on the X3. But the iDrive says I still have 15,000 miles before they are due for replacement.

Did they do a good alignment ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

BMW 330 ZHP Tires: Recommended Tires for a ZHP in 2017.

Rear shocks are pretty easy. One bolt on the bottom and two up top. I'd recommend putting in the Rogue RSM.
    Edit: go Koni yellow.
    Last edited by ELCID86; 04-22-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Would be curious to know everyone's experience with firestone, Im a bit weary of trusting them with my car but $150 is what my dealer charges for one alignment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    Would be curious to know everyone's experience with firestone, Im a bit weary of trusting them with my car but $150 is what my dealer charges for one alignment.

A friend of mine has been using Firestone for the last 3 years with no issues. You may have to give them the alignment settings the first time as they may not have the Zhp settings.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Here are my alignment settings from the dealer. I browsed some other threads and saw that some other people had more negative camber on the rear than I do, what's the deal with that? Did they align it to the non sport settings?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast