Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    These don't seem like the sport settings. I'm guessing the target is the spec they were aiming for. I'm not sure why the left an right target for camber would be different? NASCAR?

IIRC, the sport settings specify -1.8 to 2.3 for the rear. Your right rear is at ~-1.42 degrees and right left is at ~-1.45 degrees (converting from DMS).

edit: It looks like the standard suspension specifies 1.5 degrees for the rear, so they got the wrong setup. I'm still wondering about the difference in the target values.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    These don't seem like the sport settings. I'm guessing the target is the spec they were aiming for. I'm not sure why the left an right target for camber would be different? NASCAR?

IIRC, the sport settings specify -1.8 to 2.3 for the rear. Your right rear is at ~-1.42 degrees and right left is at ~-1.45 degrees (converting from DMS).

edit: It looks like the standard suspension specifies 1.5 degrees for the rear, so they got the wrong setup. I'm still wondering about the difference in the target values.
    Here is what Bentley says, definitely looks like they used the standard suspension settings, nice to know that maybe I can get better handling by just having it aligned properly...

Is camber different on the left since that's where I sit? Something to do with weight distribution? I don't know anything about alignments.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    Is camber different on the left since that's where I sit? Something to do with weight distribution? I don't know anything about alignments.
    That makes sense. I'm guessing the difference would be to account for the weight.

Dumb question: how can I attach a photo in here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to share the Firestone alignment results form yesterday. I'd also like to share part of the conversation I had with the techs regarding the 4-Wheel Total Alignment...

Quote Originally Posted by AZBP2 View Post
    Dumb question: how can I attach a photo in here

On my tapatalk app, I can click the little up arrow on quick message and attach a photo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

BMW 330 ZHP Tires: Recommended Tires for a ZHP in 2017.

On IOS it's the "circle +" on the left.

Here is what we ended up with at Firestone, yesterday... I asked about the reason for the red numbers... why couldn't they align the wheels to recommended settings. I was told that the tech discovered that the lower control arms bushings are deteriorated and for that reason, the alignment could not be fine tuned...pinpointed.

I was also told that the tech worked on the alignment for a long time (according to the store manager). I was promised that once the lower control arms are replaced, and better yet, the rear shocks replaced, the alignment will work.

I already paid for the alignment for life and they said that if they couldn't sling it AFTER replacing the control arms, they will reimburse me the $150.

I'm new to this and ask for your input based on your experience and expertise.

Thanks

AFAIK, they could still adjust to spec with blown shocks. The issue is probably one of the bushings/control arms. Also, it looks like they also used the standard/non-sport suspension specs for the alignment.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Is the car driving better now ?

Years ago, I had a Buick Century. I bought the lifetime alignment for it in Firestone. At some point, they told me the car needed suspension work (they showed me the front tires had slight play while car was on lift) and if they aligned it before repairs, the alignment would be out of specs real quick. I believe they were able to align it anyways.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast