Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    http://www.nm-motorsport.com/bmw-e46...ds-c2x21452794

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    both the OE and aftermarket rear side door sunshades attached by clips. when not in use, you FOLDED the shades and placed them into a nylon bag of some sort and when they wee in use they expanded out on their own and snapped into clips that were placed on the inside window trim areas. they did not rull up nor were they power.
    Are the clips snap in clips or do they use adhesive? I found a guy that has a set but curious how hard it will be to remove those clips 👀

Quote Originally Posted by TenMorePlease View Post
    Are the clips snap in clips or do they use adhesive? I found a guy that has a set but curious how hard it will be to remove those clips 👀
    Whelp, i got em. Very excited about this pickup. The clips just clip on, no adhesive. I was browsing random bimmer marketplace ads per usual and ran across a guy out of state selling a relatively clapped 323i for $2k. No joke, one of the lines in the for sale ad was "Car does effortless standstill burnouts."

Lo and behold he had the rear window shades in there! Was able to convince him to separate them from the sale of car (after legit 2 and half months of back and forths on messenger) and scooped em up today. I love getting obscure options for my zhp. I can't seem to help myself, my GF says its problematics lmao

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Very nice!!
    I have the sedan version of those installed in my zhp currently (but not for long as I have the OEM version now). They are excellent and I highly recommend them. The fitment is pretty spot on, although the rear quarter for the sedan window tends to fall out after maybe 20-30 door closes. If you contact the company they will send you clips to fix that for free. The instructions aren't very good for installation but if you get them set in there correctly you can open and close the window with no problem. I do think if the window is fully open they would fly out though, so I would to 1/4 - 1/3 cracked.

It actually was pretty difficult to get them set in correctly. In the photo below, I had them like that for about a year. Like that you cant roll the window down. You actually have to have the top not tucked into the window frame apparently if you want to be able to roll the window down. Another gentlemen on an e46 FB group shared that with me.

so this is the close up the way I had it fit that is apparently not the correct way.... It was snug as a bug but you need it to be away from the window to be able to use the window. They have a little tab that lets you make that work.

this is what the dude on FB showed me how his works:

Last edited by TenMorePlease; 10-02-2022 at 04:17 PM. Reason: more pic

Quote Originally Posted by TenMorePlease View Post
    I have the sedan version of those installed in my zhp currently (but not for long as I have the OEM version now). They are excellent and I highly recommend them. The fitment is pretty spot on, although the rear quarter for the sedan window tends to fall out after maybe 20-30 door closes. If you contact the company they will send you clips to fix that for free. The instructions aren't very good for installation but if you get them set in there correctly you can open and close the window with no problem. I do think if the window is fully open they would fly out though, so I would to 1/4 - 1/3 cracked.

It actually was pretty difficult to get them set in correctly. In the photo below, I had them like that for about a year. Like that you cant roll the window down. You actually have to have the top not tucked into the window frame apparently if you want to be able to roll the window down. Another gentlemen on an e46 FB group shared that with me.

so this is the close up the way I had it fit that is apparently not the correct way.... It was snug as a bug but you need it to be away from the window to be able to use the window. They have a little tab that lets you make that work.

this is what the dude on FB showed me how his works:

Are these the same ones you purchased from?

Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Are these the same ones you purchased from?

No, I got them from the same company though. Those almost look like they would fit a touring? I got them from eBay and it was this set:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19292632306...mis&media=COPY

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345