Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Damn, that's a bummer man. Sorry for the bad news. The car's so damned nice, and you're almost there. Keep us posted with how you choose to proceed.

BTW, is this your thread on m3f (http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=608376)?
    Thank you! Yeah, that’s my post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! That sad!
    I hope things are going to work out for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Update:
    Looks like I had coolant on top of and underneath the gasket around cylinder 6 on the intake side. Oil was a present on 8/14 of the head bolts. All of them felt about the same for tightness. This is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this so if you see anything abnormal feel free to point it out.

Looking at bringing the head in this week to check it. I’ll probably have to do the same with the block, the oil passages and cylinder walls have seen better days.

GL. Love seeing inside of engines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by KTS317 View Post

Literally drooling lol

It’s been a while. Here is everything as it sits, hoping to be all wrapped up in 2-3 weeks. I upgraded the speakers to BavSounds after my friends ZHP was totaled, can’t wait to give those a try.

New
    main bearings,
    rod bearings
    slightly bored
    new pistons
    decked the block
    ARP studs
    Resurfaced head
    Beisan vanos seals
    Beisan drilled oil pump disk
    Beisan Upper chain guide
    Upgraded vanos bolts
    New timing chain
    New tensioner
    New guides
    New oil pump chain
    All new gaskets, seals bolts etc

I took apart the throttle bodies because they were squeaking. I completely disassembled them and had them blasted and coated but it turns out the bearings aren’t available separately so I’m probably looking at buying another used set. At least they look good I guess

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast