Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyScout View Post
    It is a sensor mat in the passenger seat that can tell if someone is in the seat so that the airbag will be triggered in an accident. It is on the seat bottom between the upholstery and the padding, and if it goes bad causes the airbag light to come on. Replacement a pain because the upholstery needs to be removed from the seat to get to it. I have a completely unverified theory that this is more of a problem with cloth/alcantara seats because the cloth stretches more and does not provide as much protection for the sensor mat as leather would.

Here is a good DIY for sensor replacement if you want to see some pictures of what this mat is and what is involved: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...693#post433693

It is a bit tedious as you need to remove the seat from the car and pull off the upholstery, but it is doable with a bit of patience and saves a lot of money over having a shop do it.
    Thank you for the excellent explanation.

I guess what I meant to ask, is why did your fail so often? Which you provided hat answer as well. Thanks.
    Most times it's just me in the car. I think the kids are in it more than my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Managed to do my brake fluid flush today. It was my first time using a pressure bleeder system - man was that nice! Wish I would have gotten one of these years ago.
    2004 330Ci ZHP | 6MT | SilverGrey | Alcantara | Black Cube | M3 Strut Brace | Euro Delivery - June 2004

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyScout View Post
    Managed to do my brake fluid flush today. It was my first time using a pressure bleeder system - man was that nice! Wish I would have gotten one of these years ago.
    They really do make it easier. Just did a flush on my son's GTI with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12