Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

IS this 2004 ZHP coupe a good deal? I'm new here, need some advice. THANKS!!

Hi guys! I'm new to the group and hoping to get some advice on purchasing a particular 330ci ZHP.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6050766334.html

The car looks like its in great condition for 130,000 miles and I don't mind it being an auto because I live in SF where traffic sucks. I have other cars that are sticks. And regarding maintenance, I DIY everything myself.

My main concerns.
    1. Is this a good price for what it is or can I talk him down a bit more?
    2. How much is it to insure this. I'm 25 years old, international student in SF with no prior accidents or speeding tickets.
    3. What should I look out for aside from the cooling system? I plan on doing the inspection myself without PPI.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Looks like a reasonable price, not sure if there is a similar post here but http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1007722 this shows a lot of what to look for when inspecting one, there is a PDF checklist at the bottom of the post. Insurance for me wasn't worse than any other car really but could vary, so just call your insurance company for an estimate. Also, listen for a vanos rattle between 1800-2700 rpm, you could use that to help you negotiate more

From the photos it looks clean and is a decent price. It has neither the Cold Weather nor the Premium Package, but only you can know if it's worth it to you. Personally I "need" heated seats, but that's me being picky. Premium Package isn't really necessary, IMO (although it does have the shark fin of BMW Assist). If you're interested go see it in person, drive it, and if it passes muster there, I'd recommend getting a PPI.

As for your questions:
    1. You could probably talk the seller down further, but it's a relatively fair price.
    2. Insurance premiums really depends on a handful of factors. I'm 26 and live in a very safe residential part of Portland. My premiums are less than half what they were when I parked on the street in a decent part of Philly. As you already mentioned, education level, marital status, previous traffic tickets, etc can also affect it, as well as how many miles you drive a year.
    3. There are several things to look for in an aging E46 (this is far from an exhaustive list):
    • Oil leaks: can be caused by a failing valve cover gasket, failing oil filter housing gasket, or elsewhere)
    • Worn bushings and suspension parts: If they're original from the factory, they should be replaced. Shocks last 50k miles or so, bushings a little more. I always offer up my OEM+ suspension refresh I did at 50k miles. There are items I did not replace but are listed as well: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...miles-10-years
    • Fluids: BMW's maintenance schedule was relatively thin on most fluid changes. Depending on when the previous owner last replaced fluids you should do that. Also fluids that are less likely to be changed: power steering, transmission, differential, etc
    • VANOS seals: Listen for a VANOS rattle or other issues. I'm not as familiar with tis but you can look up symptoms.
    • DISA valve: it can fail or underperform. Many people either replace it or rebuild it with a kit from German Auto Solutions (G.A.S.).
    • Electronics: failing window regulators are common. Failing sensors as well such as oil level sensors, temperature sensors, windshield washer pump, etc
    • Cooling system: you already mentioned it but it is a common failure point.
    • Subframe cracking: more common on earlier model year E46s.
    • Fuel pump: highly variable but if it is original and over 100k miles you will want to be aware of it.
    • There are other maintenance items to keep in mind as well: belts, plugs, pulleys, alternator, etc.

Posting deleted

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Posting deleted
    I bought the car

Quote Originally Posted by zelius92 View Post
    I bought the car
    Congrats on the purchase! Start an introduction thread or a maintenance thread and show us some pics and give us your thoughts when you have a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by zelius92 View Post
    I bought the car
    Nice! Brief..... But nice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim