Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Aesthetic preference for sedan or coupe?

I threw up a question on FB last night and received a few responses regarding aesthetic preference for the e46 sedan or coupe. Wanted to open up the question to a larger audience so thought I'd post here as well.

"As a big fan of the e46, I've had numerous over the years. Aside from my current ZHP vert, these were my last two. I know we all buy our cars for different reasons i.e. practicality, family, track, daily, show, etc... Loved my coupe, but I think I prefer the roof line and proportions of the sedan. Am curious what's your preference just from the aesthetics perspective?"

07 BMW X5 4.8i Sport - current
    05 BMW 330CIC ZHP - current
    05 Porsche 911 C2S - current
    11 BMW Z4 35is - sold
    02 BMW 330i ZSP - totaled
    02 BMW M3 - sold
    01 BMW X5 - sold
    99 BMW 323i - sold
    99 BMW 323i - sold

Both equally the same, but I go for sedan but because I have one .

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the coupe looks better, maybe I'm biased. I like the side profile and the rear end of the coupe much more, partially because of the LED tail lights...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I have 6 sedans (2 being E46s), so I found the 330ci a beautiful change, like san said above.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Non-M I prefer sedan, but overall I prefer the M3.

E46 sedan still turns my head

This is a discussion that will go in circles, IMO. But here's my $0.02:

First, I prefer facelifted E46s over pre-facelifted E46s. I look at a pre-facelifted E46 and think they are beginning to age i.e. look as old as they are. Facelifted E46s, on the other hand, look like they could have been sold just a few years ago, or even today, although most cars today have a very different aesthetic.

Next, I prefer the M-Tech II aero kit that came with a ZHP more than any other body kit available on the E46, even the M3. I think it looks sleek and has the right amount of reserved aggression and subtle design cues that make it look great. I don't like the M3's front end as much, but I would love to have the flared wheel arches of the M3 on a ZHP.

Finally, body styles. I give an ever so slight edge in looks to the coupe. I think the exterior lines are crisper and more sporty than the sedan; the coupe is almost 3" wider than the sedan (that's according to Wikipedia, so I'm not sure how much I buy that, but I do know it is wider by some amount). The side skirts on the coupe flare out more I believe. I prefer the rippled side mirror caps of the coupe. The more rearward position of the coupe's B pillar looks better suited IMO. I think the headlamp design looks a little more modern and cohesive as well. Inside, I prefer the heft of the door and the trim on the door handles, plus they have cushions (sedans do not). I do prefer the lack of amber bumper reflectors on the sedan and in some ways I prefer the three layers of the tail lights on sedans. I prefer the coupe's factory LEDs though. All that said, the differences are small and subtle and if I had the choice between two of the exact same ZHPs, one a coupe and the other a sedan, I would have a tough time not picking the sedan purely for the added utility of rear doors.

But, in an ideal world, I'd have a ZHP touring so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+1 Agree

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Non-M I prefer sedan, but overall I prefer the M3.
    Same

I'm not a big fan of the face-lifted coupe headlights, mainly the frosted side part. It's probably just something that sticks out in pictures to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Horns! View Post
    E46 sedan still turns my head
    +1. And I like having rear doors for easy access to the back seat. We have had one Ci in our stable but my long legged son (then 22) wanted a sedan IOT better fit his long legged friends...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast