Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm going to put my money on the ribbon cable going to the drivers mirror being the culprit. It tore in my last sedan and caused similar issues.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...rs-not-working

Wet floor is likely vapor barrier on that door, but definitely check the sunroof drains. Most people will try to run a length of weed eater cord down the drain tube.

I bought my car with a dead key and eventually gave up on the idea of changing the battery. Dead key is dead. Good thing you've already got a new one!

And isn't it nice how the pillars look great without fabric? My favorite DIY to date is ripping off that old, faded, peeling fabric and saying "well...that looks just fine."

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I'm going to put my money on the ribbon cable going to the drivers mirror being the culprit. It tore in my last sedan and caused similar issues.
    I had the same issue as well...but in my case the ribbon cable had magically burnt a small hole right in the middle. So weird!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Gawd I hate those mirrors... both of mine are torn
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I had the same issue as well...but in my case the ribbon cable had magically burnt a small hole right in the middle. So weird!
    I attempted this fix on my sedan:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=911005

it did not go well.

I tried that fix too and although all of the solder joints were sound, It still did not work
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I tried that fix too and although all of the solder joints were sound, It still did not work
    Did you end up settling for manual mirrors too?

(roll down the window and push the glass to where you want it)

LOL, yep! That was a couple of years ago... haven't had to adjust them since
    H&R sport springs,

Many thanks for all the advice!!

I decided to pull the #57 fuse and rock manual mirrors Didn't want to have the passenger mirror get stuck down again.

Got Ms. Zelda up on the lift for a few quick things.

Got this nasty, horrible thing out:

What a difference it makes to have the CDV gone. Shifting is buttery smooth.. like it should be

Also replaced the control arm bushings.

And it can't all be sunshine and unicorns
    There is a lot of rust around the rear passenger area. No rust on the drivers side.

Next on the to-do list will be to install the diff and replace all bushings and mounts in the rear.
    Might also try to get the trans and motor mounts done too.
    Lorna.

Do at least the trans mounts! I too am a fan of no CDV though some say they can't tell a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Do at least the trans mounts! I too am a fan of no CDV though some say they can't tell a difference.
    Will do!

I find a difference without the CDV, it's not all jerky (especially going into 2nd gear) and I can feel the clutch engage better.
    Lorna.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast