Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Welcome. Did you notice a big difference with the new shocks ? My car is at 143k miles and I'm thinking about replacing the shocks/struts. But to me it still drives fine.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Welcome. Did you notice a big difference with the new shocks ? My car is at 143k miles and I'm thinking about replacing the shocks/struts. But to me it still drives fine.
    I'm not OP, but I noticed a significant difference when I put in new shocks struts. Before I got the suspension it drove fine, but it was not great at absorbing small bumps in the road, and it could be unsettled in the rear on uneven ground when going around corners. After the replacement it has a much improved ride quality, especially over small bumps, and is a lot more planted in the corners.

I did. It is more stable and smother around town on bumpy roads. I actually changed them because they looked original even though the front struts look to have been replaced and I was getting a clunk over bumps from the right rear. I thought it was the mount but turns out it was just loose in the mount. Still glad I changed both after 151k miles. The Rogue mounts are nice pieces too.

New Member in NJ

I installed Koni Yellows a few weeks ago and frankly I feel the ride difference is negligible. I was expecting a dramatic improvement since the car had original shocks with 156,000 miles. About all I noticed was the car's ability to bounce back quickly after going over bumps. Previously the after affect of going over a bumpy road would persist longer. But in terms of ride comfort, I don't notice a difference. And since I went from original ZHP to Koni, I thought for sure there be more noticeable difference.

But I seem to be in the minority - everyone else on the forum claims a big improvement.

If you're satisfied with your current ride, I wouldn't spend the money to change it.

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread

The best way to decide would be to drive someone's car who has the same set up as you are interested in. I went with koni yellows too and I though the ride was improved a lot especially over bumpy roads as William said. It's only going to be an improvement (maybe marginal) over what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    I installed Koni Yellows a few weeks ago and frankly I feel the ride difference is negligible. I was expecting a dramatic improvement since the car had original shocks with 156,000 miles. About all I noticed was the car's ability to bounce back quickly after going over bumps. Previously the after affect of going over a bumpy road would persist longer. But in terms of ride comfort, I don't notice a difference. And since I went from original ZHP to Koni, I thought for sure there be more noticeable difference.

But I seem to be in the minority - everyone else on the forum claims a big improvement.

If you're satisfied with your current ride, I wouldn't spend the money to change it.
    You might want to play a little bit with the damper settings. A friend on mine installed koni yellows and made them completely stiff instead of soft by accident and that made the ride horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post

Interesting. It just goes to show how subjective these sort of things are, and you pretty much have to experience them for yourself to know how you personally will like/notice the change/modification. It's the exact reason I go back and forth on something like underdrive aka power pulleys. Some people say there's a significant difference, other's say "meh, maybe there was a difference but I didn't notice it."

Welcome! Where in South Jersey are you?
    We Just moved from Wenonah to Charleston last spring. My Wife worked at the Turnersville Auto Mall, First at BMW and then Parts Manager at Acura
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Welcome! Where in South Jersey are you?
    We Just moved from Wenonah to Charleston last spring. My Wife worked at the Turnersville Auto Mall, First at BMW and then Parts Manager at Acura
    Not far from where you were. Just a little north in Camden County.

Welcome. Great stable of cars! The ZHP is a beauty.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast