Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Turned the ac on while test driving and every time I come to a stop the car dies.

This is getting frustrating. Going to check spark plugs today.

EDIT: Checked spark plugs, all good.
    Last edited by Wardie; 04-15-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardie View Post
    I never took off the F connection, I replaced that smaller vac line that runs down to the fuel filter aswell, Well just the ends of that line.
    There is no way to "replace the upper intake boot" without removing/replacing the F connector. So if you did not replace your upper and lower intake boots while checking the DISA and ICV, look around the intake boots. They may look okay to the naked eye but need to be replaced every 4-5 years no matter what the mileage is.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Oh, I mean when I took everything off to clean the ICV and DISA I didnt remove the F connection. Im unsure if I replaced it when I replaced the boots.

Going to go rent a fuel pressure gauge and go from there. Theres a guy parting a ZHP down the road surprisingly and was gonna go talk him into letting me test his DISA and MAF in my car.

Rented a fuel pressure gauge from Oreilly and low and behold, theres no fitting for the E46....

I have my suspicions that its not fuel pressure related because the car drives fine. Whatever it is seems to be only effecting idle.

There is a Schrader valve on the fuel rail that I just hooked a regular screw on pressure gauge to to monitor the fuel pressure leaking down with the pump primed (key in on position).

And as far as vacuum leaks -- I have no idea if it would cause the idling issues that you're having, but I think you should check the rear main seal. In my mind at least, you could be pulling air through there, through the crankcase, through the ccv and into the intake. Effectively being a long routed vacuum leak.

Yeah the fuel pressure gauge from oreillys doesn't fit mine for some reason. Harbor freight has one for 20 that might work.

I hope it's not the rear main again. The guy who did it is a master mechanic haha. There's always a possibility I guess. Might have it taken to a shop just to figure it out. Quoted me 188 to find it.

Where is the hose for the sap? I think I read it went on the back side of the motor along the firewall?

https://youtu.be/x_NeQbJqdN8

I'm sure this won't help much this is the sound I'm hearing around center or rear of the manifold.

Smoked it out again, Saw smoke coming from the center back valve cover bolt. It mustve backed out, tightened it and then the CCV hose to the valve cover to the separator came a little loose. Bam presto, problem solved. At least for now! Thanks all for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12