Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help!!

The pump is a less-than $200 part and can be done yourself with relative ease. I'd say buy the pump yourself and save hundreds of dollars.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Is this a common problem? Know of any threads with some pics on it?
    '06 Legacy GT, '05 ZHP, '08 RDX

Like az3579 said, do it yourself. It's pretty easy.

DIY:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tech...Components.htm

Can't believe they charged you $180 for diagnostics. Except for recalls, I would never take my car to the dealership.
    If you don't want mess with it yourself, at least find a good indy shop.

Woah wait, so the SAP pump is bad - and this would cause your car to not run? I had no idea that the SAP was that important. I would have totally guessed that it was the fuel pump.

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

I don't believe your sai is to blame for your no start. My guess is you'll be stranded again in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerteknik View Post
    I don't believe your sai is to blame for your no start. My guess is you'll be stranded again in the near future.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The pump is a less-than $200 part and can be done yourself with relative ease. I'd say buy the pump yourself and save hundreds of dollars.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4521

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Let the dealer replace the pump and have a two year warranty on the work. If part fails within the two year period the dealer will replace the part under warranty. As much as people hate using the dealer, there are advantages in that you have a two year warranty on the work they do.

In the past I have had rear wheel bearings replaced by the dealer only to find out one of the bearings was defective and the dealer got another set and replaced both sides under warranty. That's why on some work, I use the dealer

I agree, that is a benefit, but any reputable indy shop will warranty their work as well and it will cost much less.

Almost all parts store online give 2 year warranty (in most cases) on their products, with FCP you get lifetime warranty. You should be covered in any case.

That pump is $256 at FCP compered to $987 with replacement from stealership, DIY seems pretty straight forward.
    All comes down to personal choice, but I know which route I would go.

Seems to me that I have seen more than a few ZHP's that are being parted out . . . problem solved

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast