So I just got the car back, and here's it worked out...

I found a reputable indy shop locally and drove the car to them. They were able to reproduce the problem and confirm it was the pump malfunctioning that threw the code. All said and done, instead of $987 for just the pump at the dealer, I paid $820 for a new pump installed, some valve that's downstream that can cause the pump to fail (so they generally replace both at the same time), new pair of wiper blades with factory spoiler on driver side blade arm (been looking for one), and two light bulbs replaced with OEM (and an education on why bulbs from the parts store aren't a good idea).

I'm not in the clear, though, because we did discuss the likelihood that the fuel pump is what actually left me stranded and what may subsequently cause another incident. Shop owner is an enthusiast and a super cool guy, so we had a great talk about things I need to know about going euro. Where we left off with the fuel pump is that we could throw the money into it for peace of mind, but it's possible that'd be unnecessarily throwing it away. So for now, the car starts and runs great with zero issues and no more CEL.

Big thx for everyone's input.