Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Threaded View

Lorenzo's AutoCross

Started my first season at Autocross last month.

My first session was a BMWCCA novice class and my fuel pump failed on tech inspection. Had to drive my other car with winter tires. Not optimal...slipping constantly due to poor grip. But had a blast anyhow.

Sad day for ZHP...

Stretched the legs of my 428...

Took a second class form SCCA with repaired ZHP. My times were in top 25% of the class. But the experience level from the participants in this class was much less than the first one. So I don't expect this to be representative. Received good instruction today. He coached me to brake hard when entering all tight turns.

Attended my first Test & Tune event today. Best session yet. I must have got 30-40 runs. I steadily improved my times from 58 seconds to 48 seconds by end of day. The instructor drove my car once and got 45 seconds - so I feel pretty good about that in comparison to my best. Other than a lunch break and the two times we had to work the course, it was nonstop seat time. I improved my braking on the hard turns but the car felt slow to accelerate out of the turns. I don't know if that's driver skill or the ZHP doesn't have enough low-end torque.

Photos from test n tune...

Next week is my first official points event. I'll see how I fare in the novice class.
    Last edited by Lorenzo; 04-17-2017 at 05:46 AM.

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread