Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BMW CCA Concourse D'Elegance 2017 Strategy to WIN

So, I'm entering Scarlett in her true calling of car related events this season...a concourse car show.

She's too pretty to be a track car, the nut behind the wheel barely drives her hard enough to justify his mods, VA is the worst state for driving aggressively/fun, she sits her ass in the garage looking pretty 90% of the time, the list goes on...

I mean, I may be looking at her through Imola colored glasses but I think she can bring the fire...

Name:  13640765_3503756843907_8752989688969695628_o.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  256.0 KB

Name:  13661902_3503756883908_4362835150095534564_o.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  246.1 KB

That said.

Has anyone here "competed" in one of these and won? What do they look at in terms of changes/additions? E.g. could I leave the tint and/or the BMW Performance strut brace?

Here is the link to the show details. It seems relatively straight forward.

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...ance-Vienna-VA

Car class:

Modern 2000s - E46 3 Series, E39 5 Series, E38 7 Series, 6,Z4 and Z8

Strategy:

Complete full detail. 1-stage correction of paint, shouldn't need much more than polish. Menzerna Power Lock sealant? Open to suggestions for others. Opti-coat, etc.

Back to black plastic trim pieces (at least rear bumper ones)

Leatherique seats again.

Engine bay detail/303 dressing. Will be opting into engine bay judging since can basically eat off of it already BEFORE prepping for this.

Pull wheels and clean wheel-wells/etc.

Fix curb rash on front 135's (or not needed as long as wheels are clean?)

PDR a couple of the dents (or is this not necessary for a concourse event?)

Make sure the license plate is straight.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Will update the post on progress/results. It's only $30 to register so worst case Ontario it'll still be a fun time and hopefully get some feedback on what to improve for other shows/next year.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

hold #MSGA

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Guy won something like this before the reunion last year I think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

To give the girl the shine she deserves, look into a wax instead of a sealant or coating. Those are for more long term protection vs a wax which has a shorter life span but provides more gloss/shine. Do a simple buff job and then wax the car.

My personal favorite wax that is super easy to use, does not cost alot and gives good results is Adam's Buttery Wax.

As far as faded trim/plastic, you can use a Mr.Clean sponge ( just be careful not to hit any paint ) and then top it off with something that will make it pop. I used the back to black before but prefer something in an aerosol can like the Adams in & out spray. Spray on, wipe off and leaves no residue even on painted panels or windows.

Good luck.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

IDK the rules, but good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Has anyone here "competed" in one of these and won? What do they look at in terms of changes/additions? E.g. could I leave the tint and/or the BMW Performance strut brace?

Here is the link to the show details. It seems relatively straight forward.

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...ance-Vienna-VA

Car class:

Modern 2000s - E46 3 Series, E39 5 Series, E38 7 Series, 6,Z4 and Z8

Strategy:

Complete full detail. 1-stage correction of paint, shouldn't need much more than polish. Menzerna Power Lock sealant? Open to suggestions for others. Opti-coat, etc.

Back to black plastic trim pieces (at least rear bumper ones)

Leatherique seats again.

Engine bay detail/303 dressing. Will be opting into engine bay judging since can basically eat off of it already BEFORE prepping for this.

Pull wheels and clean wheel-wells/etc.

Fix curb rash on front 135's (or not needed as long as wheels are clean?)

PDR a couple of the dents (or is this not necessary for a concourse event?)

Make sure the license plate is straight.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Will update the post on progress/results. It's only $30 to register so worst case Ontario it'll still be a fun time and hopefully get some feedback on what to improve for other shows/next year.
    I'm the chairman /chief judge of this event, so if you want to send me a donation...
    The cars are judged for cleanliness & condition vs. originality. Exterior, interior, engine compartment & storage compartment will all be considered. It helps to have someone else take a look at your car after preparation - you'd be amazed at what entrants overlook/ignore.
    As far as your list:
    - Trim pieces should be black if they were originally.
    - Treating the seats is fine, but it's the wrinkles or color loss that will be noted vs. suppleness. Clean out the trough between seat & thigh extension.
    - All the nooks & crannies of the engine compartment, firewall, inner wheel wells.
    - Wheels, too, are judged on cleanliness/condition, so clean outer & inner surfaces/barrels. You might lose a point or two for curb rash, so whatever your budget will allow. Re: tires - I prefer a matte finish.
    - Exterior paint & body are obvious. A door ding might ding your score, but how far are you willing to go?!
    - Floor mats will be removed, so take care of the carpeting. Same with the trunk - clean it all, as well as your spare.

I'll attach an example of the judging'score sheet. When you register for the event I will send the rules & current score sheet. Good luck!

NCC_CONCOURS_JUDGING_SHEET (revised 2014).pdf
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Very cool, Daniel! Your car's pretty damn clean as it is, so going over it with a fine tooth comb should really do it well.

Idk but good luck. I think BP placed in a clean car contest.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    As far as faded trim/plastic, you can use a Mr.Clean sponge ( just be careful not to hit any paint ) and then top it off with something that will make it pop. I used the back to black before but prefer something in an aerosol can like the Adams in & out spray. Spray on, wipe off and leaves no residue even on painted panels or windows.
    Adam's In & Out spray is my go to, love that stuff, just picked up a 3 pack actually. And it even has a nice baby powder smell

Also, your car is freakin gorgeous, get out and drive that gem man!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Needs stock 135's and that hideous license plate frame mount would have to go - I think these side-saddle tow hook mounts look atrocious and about 1000x worse than just sucking it up and bolting it to the bumper front & center where it belongs.

Bottom line - to compete in an event like this, you want to look bone stock, especially on an older car like this, which has special cosmetics from the factory. Deviating from stock takes away from what makes the car what it is. Fine for using as your daily driver, not so good on show day.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast