Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vinyl and plastic trim products

Seeing as how often new products are coming out, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on recent (and old) products.

I started using Chemical Guys VRP recently for tires and trim because I wanted to switch to a water based solution. I love it for tires and plastic trim like bumpers and wheels trim, but it looks greasy and spotty on the door/window trim materials.

Side note:
    I love Solutions Finish but it's more of a permanent restore product and doesn't seem time or cost efficient to do every time. I made my wax stained roof rack and all the plastic and rubber on the other side look like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man that looks nasty. Spenser and I swear by Carpro Dlux for any hard plastics. Restores and protects for 1-2 years. It's magical.

Examples: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...471#post516471

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Oh man that looks nasty. Spenser and I swear by Carpro Dlux for any hard plastics. Restores and protects for 1-2 years. It's magical.

I should add that was what I came out to after adding CG VRP last night at dusk. I'm not happy.

i gotta get me some o' dat.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Damn, that stuff looks awesome! Gotta see if we can find this stuff here in Canada
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by hcbeck2689 View Post
    Seeing as how often new products are coming out, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on recent (and old) products.

I started using Chemical Guys VRP recently for tires and trim because I wanted to switch to a water based solution. I love it for tires and plastic trim like bumpers and wheels trim, but it looks greasy and spotty on the door/window trim materials.

Side note:
    I love Solutions Finish but it's more of a permanent restore product and doesn't seem time or cost efficient to do every time. I made my wax stained roof rack and all the plastic and rubber on the other side look like new.
    As Nate said, I'm a big fan of Dlux. It's great on wheels too.

I like water based tire products, but I'm a believer in ceramics/semi-permanent stuff on trim. I've also used some basic Meguiar's vinyl/rubber protectant for years on seals/gaskets with pretty happy results.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i gotta get me some o' dat.
    You really do. It'd be great on the belt trim the touring has. But I must say, I do not miss having to work around black trim with polish/wax.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Vinyl and plastic trim products

I almost think the exterior pillars are matte paint. I don't really want to try to was them though and find out they aren't.

I might try the Dlux. I'm gonna have to get something else though. This VRP is not gonna cut it on customers cars.

Edit: after looking im not sure that CP Dlux is what I'm looking for. It's 50% silica, which I tend to stay away from. Also Solutions Finish is my go to for restore. I just need a dressing for maintenance.

ZHPizza, do you need to prepare (clean) the area before applying Carpro Dlux ? Sounds like a good choice for the bumper trim. I've used Forever Black in the past with good results. I'm willing to try this new (to me) product.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    ZHPizza, do you need to prepare (clean) the area before applying Carpro Dlux ? Sounds like a good choice for the bumper trim. I've used Forever Black in the past with good results. I'm willing to try this new (to me) product.
    Yeah you'll want to wipe it down with an IPA solution or something similar to remove any waxes/oils. The results are definitely worth the effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast