Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Replaced the upper intake boot on Teacher Lady's Touring on Saturday... chasing a whole whack of O2/SAP codes, when I found the upper boot torn. Dang thing came out in 3 pieces! Ironically, the lower boot is fine...

and yes, the upper boot was held together with electrical tape! that was the PO's handiwork...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yeesh. What's the milage on the boot? I really should inspect my boot just for age.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    Replaced the upper intake boot on Teacher Lady's Touring on Saturday... chasing a whole whack of O2/SAP codes, when I found the upper boot torn. Dang thing came out in 3 pieces! Ironically, the lower boot is fine...

and yes, the upper boot was held together with electrical tape! that was the PO's handiwork...

This is a perfect example of why you should never buy a car from a stancelyfer. Can't wait to see what other surprises he left for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Yeesh. What's the milage on the boot? I really should inspect my boot just for age.
    Yeah you might should the next time you're in there. Probably fine since it's a low mileage PacNW car.

Have you cleaned the ICV since you got it? That's a good time to check them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    This is a perfect example of why you should never buy a car from a stancelyfer. Can't wait to see what other surprises he left for you!

Yeah you might should the next time you're in there. Probably fine since it's a low mileage PacNW car.

Have you cleaned the ICV since you got it? That's a good time to check them.
    I haven't done that, but it's on my to do list whenever I decide it's time to rebuild the DISA w/ GAS kit, check the intake boots, clean the throttle body, etc.

272K KMs... (roughly 168K miles) definitely due!

totally. i wish they had consulted me before buying that car... oh man. i've already fixed a bunch of broken stuff from the PO.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

this is Teacher Lady's car. not mine.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Well... Teacher Lady's car is back. Triggered a CEL again after replacing the upper intake boot.

Things are starting to get interesting now... I scanned it, and it showed two misfire codes, along with the SAP code. The misfires are new.

This thing is a 2002, and has 272k KMs on it, so I figured it would be a good idea to check all of the vacuum lines... and sure enough, I found a break in the small CCV line on top of the intake manifold, the rubber hose at the fuel filter was completely torn off, and all of the rubber vacuum lines at the back of the intake manifold were rotten... the SAP line was completely disconnected.

I replaced all of those lines and cleared the codes... well, hot dang if the car doesn't idle smoother.

Going to take it for an extended test drive tomorrow and hopefully that's the end of it for now and she can pass her emissions test...

Here's about 3/4 of the carnage:

peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

God even the rubber rusts in Canada

God even the rubber rusts in Canada
    Non-metal parts rusting, or saggy ass headliners with light mauve rear decks. Pick your poison.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Non-metal parts rusting, or saggy ass headliners with light mauve rear decks. Pick your poison.
    Come to the Pac NW, where neither is really an issue and our coffee/beer/quinoa is as elite as our smugness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast