Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Most likely isn’t the same but it reminds me of an issue a friend of mine had. So he bought a 2001 e46 for $3500 and it came with only one key. One day he dropped the key and it completely disintegrated. He tried to put it back together but the car wouldn’t start. the car wouldn’t crank but i think (not a 100% sure, happened 5 years ago before I bought my Zhp) you could see the lights come on on the dash. We thought maybe the key wasn’t working so he ordered a valet key based on his vin. He received the key but the same problem. The car wouldn’t even crank. We thought maybe it’s the starter now and tried to jump start it but no luck. Finally my friend called the PO and he said, that for reason that I can’t remember, he lost both the keys and instead of ordering a new one from bmw, he went to the junk yard and got a an ecm I think ( maybe the cluster as well I can’t remember) and key that goes with it. So basically my friend was left with a key that was working but and doesn’t match the vin and one more that matches the vin but will not work because of whatever the PO did. He finally went to a shop and I don’t know what they did but he was able to get a functioning key for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ahh, so he got a junkyard EWS module. i have a spare, with two keys from my ZHP.... i thought about that too. but i don't have the lock cylinder for it, so i don't think that would be of any help. a new key really is the best solution, i think.... calling the dealer this morning to inquire.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

ordered a new key at the dealer for Teacher Lady's car yesterday. supposed to take 2 weeks. oof.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    ordered a new key at the dealer for Teacher Lady's car yesterday. supposed to take 2 weeks. oof.
    Roll it out into the snow > wait for it to become submerged > dope igloo castle for your son

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Roll it out into the snow > wait for it to become submerged > dope igloo castle for your son
    LOL. thought about rolling it out already, i really would like my wife to be parking in there.

we've already got a ton of snow this year - another 3" last night. it's mostly powder because it's been so cold. i have a few 5' snowbanks already along my driveway. should take some pics of the Touring with it.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    LOL. thought about rolling it out already, i really would like my wife to be parking in there.

we've already got a ton of snow this year - another 3" last night. it's mostly powder because it's been so cold. i have a few 5' snowbanks already along my driveway. should take some pics of the Touring with it.
    Keep piling it up and then you’ll have a halfpipe down the driveway. Kiddo will love that.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Keep piling it up and then you’ll have a halfpipe down the driveway. Kiddo will love that.
    yeah, me too!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345