Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for the input, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Look into Fortune Auto coilovers.
    I've contacted them and might give them a try. Pretty cool looking website, hopefully all their claims translate into real performance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    Thanks for the input, guys.

I've contacted them and might give them a try. Pretty cool looking website, hopefully all their claims translate into real performance.

Thanks
    Hand built suspension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Great thread...I will be referencing this when I'm upgrading! My last track outing emphasized that I'll need to tweak my setup, as my car really pushesh...granted, I don't have camber plates (need those up front at least), and I was running 225s up front and 245s rear (stock sport wheels & sizes). I'll be going for 245s or 255s square! Maybe some stiffer sway bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Look into Fortune Auto coilovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    First time seeing these...looks like a great option especially for the price...would be curious to hear if anyone runs these.

My Setup: PSS9s - I believe I'm at their lowest setting if not, very close...I guess doesn't make an appearance difference, but I'm running Purple Powerflex FCABS, Powerflex poly subframe and diff bushings, Meyle HD front control arms, Z4 RTABS with limiters...RD Sport sway bars.

Driving style - on the street, I will enjoy a turn if the conditions are right...I've tracked it twice
    I'm reasonably happy with it, I prefer the street ride of the stock ZHP suspension...would like to upgrade for better track performance.

Name:  330ci 1.JPG
Views: 1222
Size:  151.9 KBName:  330ci at VIR.JPG
Views: 2776
Size:  125.8 KB
    Last edited by ///Mvious; 04-26-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

leaning towards Fortune Auto

Quote Originally Posted by downshift View Post
    Alright guys,

I know there is helpful info here on different coilover systems, but I want to hear what YOU run, what ARB, what bushings, your driving style and how you got where you are. And, of course, if you are happy with where you are...

Hoping to get some helpful responses. I don't want to spend the money on MCS and am considering KW V2/V3, PSS10 and a few others.

Thanks,
    Josh
    I just finalized my suspension refresh and upgrade today with the installation of a new front sway bar. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with how the car feels and handles now compared to what it used to. However, and in hind sight, I regret trying to save a few bucks by installing AST's non-adjustable 2000 series coilovers. For $1,300 it's a fine set up for cruising and some semi-spirited driving, but if I had it to do over again, I'd gladly cough up the extra dough on a more high end setup that offers both compression and rebound adjustments, as well and one that offers coilovers for all four corners, not just the front like most aftermarket setups for the E46. Had I done more research before pulling the trigger on the AST's, I would have gone with either JRZ or TC Kline. Maybe later, but for now I did save enough by going with the AST's to afford a new set of wheels and tires!

My civilian driving style is pretty tame. I hate speeding tickets and I only really let go on isolated stretches of road where no one else is around. I save the aggressive stuff for track days.

Other than the OEM stuff I replaced, my current setup includes the following upgrades:

• AST front coilovers and AST rear springs and shocks
    • OEM front strut reinforcement plates
    • Vorschlag caster camber plates (on order)
    • Ground Control front sway bar and adjustable end links
    • Ground Control rear shock mounts
    • Rogue Engineering press in aluminum sleeved FCAB's (black)
    • Rogue Engineering rear TAB's (black)
    • SPL Adjustable rear lower control arms (on order)

Quote Originally Posted by Bludsport View Post
    I just finalized my suspension refresh and upgrade today with the installation of a new front sway bar. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with how the car feels and handles now compared to what it used to. However, and in hind sight, I regret trying to save a few bucks by installing AST's non-adjustable 2000 series coilovers. For $1,300 it's a fine set up for cruising and some semi-spirited driving, but if I had it to do over again, I'd gladly cough up the extra dough on a more high end setup that offers both compression and rebound adjustments, as well and one that offers coilovers for all four corners, not just the front like most aftermarket setups for the E46. Had I done more research before pulling the trigger on the AST's, I would have gone with either JRZ or TC Kline. Maybe later, but for now I did save enough by going with the AST's to afford a new set of wheels and tires!

My civilian driving style is pretty tame. I hate speeding tickets and I only really let go on isolated stretches of road where no one else is around. I save the aggressive stuff for track days.

Other than the OEM stuff I replaced, my current setup includes the following upgrades:

• AST front coilovers and AST rear springs and shocks
    • OEM front strut reinforcement plates
    • Vorschlag caster camber plates (on order)
    • Ground Control front sway bar and adjustable end links
    • Ground Control rear shock mounts
    • Rogue Engineering press in aluminum sleeved FCAB's (black)
    • Rogue Engineering rear TAB's (black)
    • SPL Adjustable rear lower control arms (on order)
    Nice!

I finally decided on my setup and pulled the trigger.

Regarding Fortune Auto, I have heard awful things left and right equating them with cheap Chinese manufactured coilovers. They have great marketing, and they almost got me, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors.

I ended up going with AKG red 75d bushings at engine, trans, diff, subframe, and RTAB, and ground control FCAB. New control arms from Lemforder, Ground control race mounts for rear shock mounts and front camber plates, 600lb/700lb Eibach 6" springs, rear weight jack (adjust ride height without uninstalling anything) and MCS two-way dampers.

Tire setup will be 255/40-17 RE-71R that I have currently.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Very cool about the GC weight jacks... I have a set of rogue ones that I will be installing soon. They help with spring articulation, and the height adjustment but is a sweet side benefit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123