Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beautiful shots. Looks like a great time.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

+1

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    Thanks! Not sure if you ever go to CCA meets, but a good % of the guys are ///M guys, and anything less than a true M car is simply uncivilized in their eyes. To most of them our ZHP's are just a 330i. So to get compliments on the looks and performance of it was pretty great. I was keeping up with that black E92 I was following, and he even said "what do you have in that thing?!" when we stopped once! Stock suspension and stock motor for the most part

One thing I noticed after the drive which I thought was odd, is my car is driving amazing!! Not just butt dyno, but it feels MUCH more responsive. It's like blasting through the hills revving it to 6700 quite a few times blew out all of the carbons and bad "gunk" in the engine. The idle is smoother, and the throttle response is much improved. Drives so good now
    I heard from NoVAphotog from his Concours event this weekend that he got a bunch of compliments and interest in his ZHP despite being next to some exquisite E46 and E36 M3s that you would think would be the attention magnets. I think a fair number of BMW people are coming to recognize the ZHP as a great car.

BMW CCA Annual Wine Country Tour 5/6

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I heard from NoVAphotog from his Concours event this weekend that he got a bunch of compliments and interest in his ZHP despite being next to some exquisite E46 and E36 M3s that you would think would be the attention magnets. I think a fair number of BMW people are coming to recognize the ZHP as a great car.
    +1

I had joked with the woman next to me with the blue E36 that "oh of course I'm next to the 3 super rare M3s (Phoenix Yellow/Black 6MT, Silver grey/Imola 6MT, LSB/black 6MT), no one cares about the lowly ZHP" at the beginning of the show.

Towards the end she said I didn't know what I was talking about. You've had people non-stop talking to you about your car.

I think I went though the "ZHP breakdown" 15-20 times. "Welllllll it was an option package..."

Feels good to get the compliments and recognition.

One guy was looking at getting an e36 m...after seeing my car he is now leaning zhp. I pointed him toward the Roundel article which is fantastic for that discussion and I think probably built up a lot of interest in the cars.

I would say though that those numbers are wayyyyyyy down at gen pop car shows and meets I've gone to. No one looks at the zhp. All about the ///M if I'm parked next to one especially. Maybe one person...and it usually is good conversation since they'll know what they are looking at.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Yeah, I see the reasoning. I'm sure many are unaware of the performance package and just think it's a regular E46 or "wow cool bumper". I'm sure most of the focus will be on the high $$$ M cars, but most people should notice a well done and well kept car.
    Totally, and quite a few of them did, which was great. I keep a pretty clean car and I think the cosmetic mods are very tasteful, personally I think it was one of the cleanest & best looking cars out there. Of course I had a couple M guys ask me where I got the grille stripes from, as always. One time I had a guy ask me if my bumper was off an M coupe...

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Beautiful shots. Looks like a great time.
    Thanks Boss, it definitely was.

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    +1

I had joked with the woman next to me with the blue E36 that "oh of course I'm next to the 3 super rare M3s (Phoenix Yellow/Black 6MT, Silver grey/Imola 6MT, LSB/black 6MT), no one cares about the lowly ZHP" at the beginning of the show.

Towards the end she said I didn't know what I was talking about. You've had people non-stop talking to you about your car.

I think I went though the "ZHP breakdown" 15-20 times. "Welllllll it was an option package..."

Feels good to get the compliments and recognition.

One guy was looking at getting an e36 m...after seeing my car he is now leaning zhp. I pointed him toward the Roundel article which is fantastic for that discussion and I think probably built up a lot of interest in the cars.

I would say though that those numbers are wayyyyyyy down at gen pop car shows and meets I've gone to. No one looks at the zhp. All about the ///M if I'm parked next to one especially. Maybe one person...and it usually is good conversation since they'll know what they are looking at.

Car looks great NoVA! Yeah it's an interesting dynamic, like some elite club inside the club, but I guess I understand it. If you don't have an M car at a BMW meet, you're just some poor wannabe in a lot of guys' eyes. When I had my Estoril E36 M3, I'll admit I snobbed once in a while. When I'd see another nice E36/E46 running around I'd think to myself, oooh nice looking car...too bad it's not an M Personally I don't really care if anyone likes my lowly old E46 ZHP or not, I love it and I know it looks great, all that matters. But compliments and questions are always welcome of course

I posted a couple pics of the rally on my fb page, and one of my old buddies even commented something like "the E46 still looks smooth, but when are you going to upgrade??" I'm thinking, I literally did just upgrade to another ZHP!!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12