Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Agree. Good write up per usual. Glad you had a 22mm on hand.

Perhaps those with big hands would have as much of a "learning curve" to reach the stalks. Seems like a good option for a track car/track day.

So I've been using it for a while now and have to say, I've gotten used to the stalk situation pretty quickly. It wasn't an issue switching to another car that had the stalks up close. I've grown to really like this thing; it will be hard to give it up. I'll be trying it on track next week, then will probably end up taking it off so I can send it to the next person.

So... who is that next person?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So I've been using it for a while now and have to say, I've gotten used to the stalk situation pretty quickly. It wasn't an issue switching to another car that had the stalks up close. I've grown to really like this thing; it will be hard to give it up. I'll be trying it on track next week, then will probably end up taking it off so I can send it to the next person.

So... who is that next person?
    Awesome! Glad to hear that you're liking it. I, too, found that it only took a few hours behind the wheel to re-learn the stalk positions.

I forgot to post it here, but the seller let me know that he has adjusted his design to something a little cleaner:

Name:  IMG_6933.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  244.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6934.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  311.6 KB

And he said that he's pretty sure he can make it 1.5" so that it'll work better for people like me that find the 2.5" extension to be too much.

That is a much better design for aesthetics, for sure.
    I'm going to check to see what extension I settled with (with the extender in place) when I get my car back. I'm pretty sure I kept the stock extension at full "in" position, using the extender to get that 1" I was looking for.

If he makes a 1.5" version then I'm going to be SET!

Did he mention a price difference for the 1.5" version IF he decided to make one?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Awesome! Glad to hear that you're liking it. I, too, found that it only took a few hours behind the wheel to re-learn the stalk positions.

I forgot to post it here, but the seller let me know that he has adjusted his design to something a little cleaner:

<SNIP>

And he said that he's pretty sure he can make it 1.5" so that it'll work better for people like me that find the 2.5" extension to be too much.
    hmmm.... that does look a lot cleaner, and 1.5" would be awesome.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

That is a much better design for aesthetics, for sure.
    I'm going to check to see what extension I settled with (with the extender in place) when I get my car back. I'm pretty sure I kept the stock extension at full "in" position, using the extender to get that 1" I was looking for.

If he makes a 1.5" version then I'm going to be SET!

Did he mention a price difference for the 1.5" version IF he decided to make one?
    Didn't mention price, but I had linked him to this thread so I'm sure he's keeping an eye on it.

OMG, this problem is a major reason I keep checking Autotrader for 2017 330 pricing. I simply can't get comfortable in my car[...]
    I want to expand this a bit. You guys who are thinking about wheel extenders: how tall are you? I'm 6'0 and don't feel I cannot push the wheel far back enough

However, since buying the car I've been dealing with a growing discomfort/pain I associate with the accelerator pedal: just can't get comfortable with the thing. Don't suppose this is related??

Thanks...
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    I want to expand this a bit. You guys who are thinking about wheel extenders: how tall are you? I'm 6'0 and don't feel I cannot push the wheel far back enough

However, since buying the car I've been dealing with a growing discomfort/pain I associate with the accelerator pedal: just can't get comfortable with the thing. Don't suppose this is related??

Thanks...
    Yes it is related. I feel like my legs have to be too close to the pedals in order to have proper seating position for ideal steering wheel control. If the wheel can get pushed out more, then I can move the seat back and still retain proper steering wheel control.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Are you going to get a tester for the 1.5"?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567