Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

WTB ZHP Coupe or Sedan

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Hello all,

We have been enjoying our 2006 Imola/Sand Beige ZHP convertible, (second owner, 76,xxx total miles) but I should note that "we" = Mrs. Wisco... as I don't seem to get to drive the ZHP much during the summer when she parks the SUV and uses the ZHP as her DD (The 'vert gets stored in a friend's barn over the Wisconsin winter). As such, I'm in the market for another ZHP for dear old Dad. We're probably going to give my current 130K on the odo DD e90 sedan (6MT, N52 with Sport Package) to our soon to be college graduate son.

I'm almost 50 years old, could have bought a new M240i, but dammit the ZHP is just more fun than any modern BMW!

Year(s):2005 or 2006 preferred
    Budget: $15,000 max
    Desired location of vehicle:Driving distance from Wisconsin preferred, but will pay to ship or fly and buy for the right car
    Desired Mileage: sub-65K. Lower the better. More importantly I want a car that someone has maintained, repairs and PM items.
    Transmission type: MT only
    Desired number of Doors: 2 or 4. We're slowly getting kids out of our house, but 4 doors could still work.
    Desired Color combos: Imola + black, blue + tan, black + tan... no silver or monotone (black + black) cars
    Desired Packages: Premium, Xenons, Cold Weather... this is Wisconsin don't cha know!
    Funds lined up?: Yes
    Have a car you need to sell first? : No
    Last edited by Wisco; 04-30-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Good luck in your search!

I've said this in other threads, don't worry about mileage so much. Low mileage ZHPs are becoming more and more difficult to find and as a result they have what I think is an inflated price. When I purchased my ZHP two years ago, it had less than 50k miles and definitely had a price premium. However, because the car had been dealer maintained, almost everything in the car was original, meaning it was nine years old. Despite the low mileage, time/age makes rubber dry out and plastic becomes brittle. I ended up performing the same maintenance I would have done on a car with double the mileage because of the age rather than the mileage. That's not to say I regret my purchase at all, but I could have saved some money and had just as nice of a car.

Instead, I'd say be willing to widen your search to cars with 100k miles or so that have been well maintained. You save money on the low-mileage people are charging, but still have a car that will last ages. That's not to say I don't say go for a low mileage example, just consider higher mileage ZHPs as well.

Anywho, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    Desired Color combos: Imola + black, blue + tan, black + tan... no silver or monotone (black + black) cars
    The best. This is an unbiased opinion.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    The best. This is an unbiased opinion.
    Correction: Imola + black cloth

2004 Imola/Cloth coupe 6-speed $10.5k shipped

BMWCurves,

Thanks for the note. I appreciate the wisdom.

I stumbled into this group when trying to understand ZHPs and the wise and friendly people here helped immensely when we bought our 2006 Imola/Sand Beige 'vert. One drive and I understood.
    Last edited by Wisco; 04-30-2017 at 03:46 PM.