Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I did. I used Z4M RTABs with Vorshlag limiters. If I had to do it again I'd probably go Peter's route and use Bimmerworld sealed spherical RTABs for better articulation. Then again, it rides/handles great as is and I doubt I'd really notice the difference.

[QUOTE=Sreten;529190]If memory severs me right, that ZHP has less then 50k miles and in that case, I doubt that the control arms are toast.
    Inspect the ball joints on them and if everything looks good just go ahead and replace the bushings. ZHP control arms are know to be durable.
    Bushings are actually pretty easy to replace, plenty of DIY's out there.

Does the front of the car feels bouncy and unstable? If not and the front struts are not leaking, I wouldn't change them just yet.
    Mine were still good when I took them off the car at 98k miles, but then again they were done at 50k miles on BMWCurves's ZHP.

Sir,
    You were correct on replacing the bushings! thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Sounds good. If BMW say they're okay then they should be fine. BMW dealerships love to suggest expensive replacements, so if they don't even pretend for there to be any issues, then they must be in decent shape.

Mine were already shot by the time I got them, but what I noticed a lot was that the suspension was quite bad at absorbing small bumps. It felt like the first 1-2" of travel weren't being properly absorbed. As far as performance goes, I noticed that the back was easily unsettled over uneven roads in turns. New shocks/struts and other suspension components made the car feel a lot more planted in the bends during more aggressive driving.
    Sir,

Re: I noticed that the back was easily unsettled over uneven roads in turns.

You were 100% correct: The rear shocks are starting to go and a new ones are going in next week.

I had not driven the car that much since I got it (too much work travel) but when I did I notice the back was " unsettled" around turns.

Thanks again!

I remember doing the rear shocks. They were so easy, I did the left side one night before bed, and the right side the following morning while I was in a hurry waiting for my friend to come pick me up. I followed this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_1zTqHtzI8
    the dude is hilarious and is pretty wasted when he does his DIYs
    That insulating material that he threw out; mine was brittle but still holding together in one piece. I jsut cut away enough to reach the center nut on the shock tower, and the shock dropped right out. Then once I reinstalled the shock, I put a piece of adhesive sound insulation over the hole I cut out, because why not.

If filling your own gas is a 1 in difficulty (5 if you live in Oregon), I would rate this a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    If filling your own gas is a 1 in difficulty (5 if you live in Oregon), I would rate this a 3.
    HEY! Just because I don’t pump my own gas or sometimes I forget you shouldn’t stick a fork in the power outlet doesn’t make me dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    HEY! Just because I don’t pump my own gas or sometimes I forget you shouldn’t stick a fork in the power outlet doesn’t make me dumb!
    Haha hey man I don't judge.
    On a serious note though, is Oregon passing a new law to allow people to pump their own gas? I heard this recently.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Haha hey man I don't judge.
    On a serious note though, is Oregon passing a new law to allow people to pump their own gas? I heard this recently.
    Yeah, some rural counties in Oregon can pump their gas now. "Pump your own gas"...it's like the country is going to the dogs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123