Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Alpine White ZHP Project/Maintenance

Well, I pulled the trigger. I've done what most everyone I know thinks is crazy. I decided to replace my beloved European Delivery F30 335i with a 13 year old, 108K mile ZHP.

I wanted to start an introduction thread, as well as a place that I can track my maintenance/modifications/progress from here on out.

I bought the car in Pennsylvania and I'm the 4th owner. No maintenance documents with the car, other than a few things from the Carfax. The car had a clean PPI with the exception of the serpentine belt, the original cooling system, window actuators on the driver front and back sides, A/C pillars and headlights needing rejuvenating.

The wheels were previously painted and look awful, and will either need refinishing or replacing.

The car has a clear bra that was previously installed, that I'm thinking about taking off, and possibly replacing. If the paint is good underneath, I don't want it to become chipped.

In any case, here's some quick photos of how she sits right now. The headlights are amazingly dim and I've ordered a new kit from The Retrofit Source here in Atlanta to fix that.

I also plan to do the cooling system very soon as it's original and bound to go out anytime.

Name:  IMG_5124.JPG
Views: 877
Size:  111.5 KBName:  IMG_5125.JPG
Views: 1938
Size:  105.7 KBName:  IMG_5134.JPG
Views: 920
Size:  99.7 KBName:  IMG_5135.JPG
Views: 848
Size:  63.6 KBName:  IMG_5139.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  62.4 KBName:  IMG_5140.JPG
Views: 797
Size:  65.9 KBName:  IMG_5141.JPG
Views: 774
Size:  73.1 KBName:  IMG_5142.JPG
Views: 842
Size:  87.4 KBName:  IMG_5143.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  92.6 KBName:  IMG_5144.JPG
Views: 781
Size:  95.1 KBName:  IMG_5147.JPG
Views: 865
Size:  75.7 KBName:  IMG_5148.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  72.1 KBName:  IMG_5149.JPG
Views: 775
Size:  86.4 KBName:  IMG_5150.JPG
Views: 818
Size:  93.4 KBName:  IMG_5151.JPG
Views: 797
Size:  61.9 KB

Congrats!

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Me likey

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Awesome, glad you're enjoying it and that you got it home safe and sound!

I look forward to seeing what you end up doing for maintenance and mods.

Congrats, man ! Hopefully you just need to refinish the wheels. What did you try to show on pic 4 ? I can't identify what your finger is pointing to.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    What did you try to show on pic 4 ? I can't identify what your finger is pointing to.
    Burnt bowl.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks everyone!

fredo - Like Aeternalis said, the bowls in my headlights are burnt. Light output is awful.

One other thing of note, on the drive home the CEL came on, so I need to pick up a scanner to check codes. Any recommendations?

Also, I think the TO bearing is either going bad, or has gone bad.

When the clutch isn't depressed it sounds like the car has a LWF and I know it doesn't, but when I depress the clutch, the sound goes away and it runs fine.

So, I suppose a clutch job is on the short list with cooling system.

Alpine White ZHP Project/Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by dkmcclelland View Post
    Thanks everyone!

fredo - Like Aeternalis said, the bowls in my headlights are burnt. Light output is awful.

One other thing of note, on the drive home the CEL came on, so I need to pick up a scanner to check codes. Any recommendations?

Also, I think the TO bearing is either going bad, or has gone bad.

When the clutch isn't depressed it sounds like the car has a LWF and I know it doesn't, but when I depress the clutch, the sound goes away and it runs fine.

So, I suppose a clutch job is on the short list with cooling system.
    No particular scanner to recommend, if you dont get CEL lights often I'd go to your local autoparts store to diagnose all of your codes. Write them down so you have a log of them, otherwise you could buy PASoft BMW Scanner - but it requires installation onto a laptop thats running WindowsXP

I have the same problem with my clutch and I've had my car for 2 years already, Admittedly It has got to be a failing clutch, or throwaway bearing... I never diagnosed this as a transmission overhaul is long over due on my car, as I'm a pretty aggressive driver.

Look no further than FCPEuro for the cooling system, I didnt go full genuine BMW parts as I made a few massive purchases for my car - only perk is that they have lifetime warranties on everything, should anything ever fail they'll replace it no matter how long it's been.

I also did my belts and under drive pullies while I was down there in that mess of coolant lol

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/5ndZyejpZGs

So this is the noise it's making. The noise stops when I press in the clutch pedal and disengage the clutch, and when I release the pedal to engage the clutch, the noise starts back.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast