Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Dustin loves this road

Apparently he takes all the girls there.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Beautiful zhp - love the AW and what you’ve done. I’m curious how you like the zhp vs the F30 335i. I owned an E90 335i 6MT for several years and am thinking of adding another BMW to the garage. It won’t be a DD, just a play/project car. I go back and forth between considering another 335 or a zhp. How would you compare the driving experience between the 2 cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2769 View Post
    Beautiful zhp - love the AW and what you’ve done. I’m curious how you like the zhp vs the F30 335i. I owned an E90 335i 6MT for several years and am thinking of adding another BMW to the garage. It won’t be a DD, just a play/project car. I go back and forth between considering another 335 or a zhp. How would you compare the driving experience between the 2 cars?

Personally, the F30 chassis makes for a much better daily driver. The technology in the newer car wins hands down. The power, comfort and overall package is amazing.

That being said, the F30, in stock form, is a car with too many goals, IMHO. It tries to be comfortable, sporty and luxurious all at once.

I had a JB4 tune, coil overs, exhaust and Michelin PSS and it was quite the capable car.

The ZHP in contrast doesn’t have the power, the luxury or the comfort, but what it has to make up for that is responsiveness, maneuverability and tactile feedback.

One main reason for me getting the ZHP was financial. I wanted out of a lease that I decided I wasn’t going to buy, but having owned both of them it all depends on the purpose of the car I suppose.

If I wanted a car that was my every day driver that had GOBS of power and was used for the occasional weekend drive through curvy roads and maybe an HPDE, the F30, when equipped right, is quite capable, but if the car is a weekend only, fun car that you want a more raw experience with, the ZHP wins all day.

I wish that the F30 felt more like the ZHP. In all honesty, had things in my life not changed, I would still be driving the F30. I miss it every day, but the ZHP fills the void for a satisfying car to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmcclelland View Post
    Personally, the F30 chassis makes for a much better daily driver. The technology in the newer car wins hands down. The power, comfort and overall package is amazing.

That being said, the F30, in stock form, is a car with too many goals, IMHO. It tries to be comfortable, sporty and luxurious all at once.

I had a JB4 tune, coil overs, exhaust and Michelin PSS and it was quite the capable car.

The ZHP in contrast doesn’t have the power, the luxury or the comfort, but what it has to make up for that is responsiveness, maneuverability and tactile feedback.

One main reason for me getting the ZHP was financial. I wanted out of a lease that I decided I wasn’t going to buy, but having owned both of them it all depends on the purpose of the car I suppose.

If I wanted a car that was my every day driver that had GOBS of power and was used for the occasional weekend drive through curvy roads and maybe an HPDE, the F30, when equipped right, is quite capable, but if the car is a weekend only, fun car that you want a more raw experience with, the ZHP wins all day.

I wish that the F30 felt more like the ZHP. In all honesty, had things in my life not changed, I would still be driving the F30. I miss it every day, but the ZHP fills the void for a satisfying car to drive.
    Thanks for the input. Historically horsepower/torque has trumped everything else for me, but I’ve got another car that fills that need now. And the older I get the less important the ultimate power seems to be. I’m really after a weekend car with a balanced/visceral driving experience and a manual transmission. Sounds like I need to get serious about looking for a zhp...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567