Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know parts are getting expensive...

I had a stripped bolt on my front strut upper bearing, so I had to cut the bolt to get the BMW performance strut brace off...so that I could change my engine mounts. Called the local dealer to replace the shouldered nut for the cross brace...$39 ! For one nut. We driving Ferraris?
    Found one for $11 @ South Atlanta.
    Okay, venting over...

That's why you don't buy stuff like that from a dealer. ☺️

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

On the other hand, it's Friday and Miller time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW off South Altanta is pretty close to my house!

Sometimes a funny thought crosses my mind. When I see an expensive part listed on ECS, FCPEuro, etc. I always think about it being on my car and that my car is worth more lol.

For example, I was looking for fun at ECS Tuning and I saw a ZHP steering rack for around $2000 dollars. 2000 bucks is a huge amount of money haha. Makes me feel good for some reason.
    2003 Imola on Alcantara
    Slowly Upgrading

^hmm :headscrath :smile

Just ordered a new tensioner for Nolan's GTI. $67 at ECS, $100 at FCP (I know about the lifetime warranty...).

This is a timely topic for sure... Everyday is a learning experience for me on this site. I read as many post as possible and learn about the experiences you've all been though in your journeys with the ZHPs. The care and dedication you show in keeping your machines in tip top shape is one of the reasons I joined the family. I am in for life.

So, in planning for future maintenance and repairs and concentrating on suspension only for now, I called my local BMW dealerships for prices on the below listed parts. I think I know why the veterans/wise ones, advice me to buy from ECS, FCP, Pelican, Rockauto and other online stores...

1. Lower control arms - $352 ea
    2. LCA bushings - $249 set
    3. Shocks/struts Front - $333 ea
    Rear - $215 each
    Brakes, Front - $145.82
    Rear - $124.03

Total 2,323.53 for BMW Parts

Right now I am online searching the sites you've recommended and finding the parts I need. I think it would be educational to show a side by side comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBP2 View Post
    Right now I am online searching the sites you've recommended and finding the parts I need. I think it would be educational to show a side by side comparison.
    Use Furiousmethod or BMWPNPC tools to see prices from various vendors quickly:
    http://www.furiousmethod.com/
    http://www.bmwpnpc.com/
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Parts for my son's Infinity were more expensive than for my car. Remember buying an intake boot for near $80.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast